Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repeating username/password prompts at startup  (Read 4053 times)

kevincarlson

• Coppermine newbie
Repeating username/password prompts at startup
« on: February 27, 2005, 09:09:16 am »

I just installed 1.3.2 and batch uploaded a set of files to a subdirectory under albums, per the batch upload instructions.
When first loading the startup page, I'm now seeing repeating popup windows, each asking for a username and password.

There appears to be one login window for each thumbnail image on the startup page.  I close each of these 12 login screens, and only placeholders appear for each of the thumbnail images.

This seems to be a permissions issue, yet I've set set the albums directory to 777 with no change.

Any suggestions?  

Thanks,
Kevin
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 08:20:32 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Repeating username/password prompts at startup
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 09:27:55 am »

having pop-ups with password prompts definitely is not a coppermine feature - you must have some hotlink protection enabled (e.g. by .htaccess means) that keeps the script from accessing the pics. Post a deep link to one of the pics you uploaded, e.g. http://yourdomain.tld/your_coppermine_folder/albums/your_subfolder/yourpic.jpg

Joachim

kevincarlson

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Repeating username/password prompts at startup
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 08:19:21 pm »

Interestingly, I got a password prompt and then "Authorization required" message when attempting to directly view an image!

However, I had never used .htaccess to limit directory access.  I did FTP the files from a friend's server, though - so I went to a shell window, typed "ls -a" to show hidden files, and sure enough, there was a .htaccess file!  I deleted that and now everything works!

Thanks for your input - Live and learn I guess!  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 15 queries.