Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird Upload Problem  (Read 5396 times)

dwjantz

• Coppermine novice
Weird Upload Problem
« on: February 21, 2005, 04:26:35 am »

I normally use Rainy Days theme.  Yesterday I tried to upload some new pics and got the message that the files were corrupted or contained no data, etc.  I thought this strange.  Today I had the same problem, but it would accept the last one I put in to upload.  I had changed themes a few days ago.  I went in to config and tried a coule of others, then went back to Rainy Days.  Not all my pics are accepted again.  What is the problem here?

Doug
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 09:52:10 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Weird Upload Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 09:45:27 am »

impossible to say without a link, test user account and the actual files you were trying to add (attach one to your posting using the "advanced options" link at the bottom left when composing a message).

Joachim
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 08:36:12 am by GauGau »

dwjantz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 12:30:27 am »

Using the Rainy Days theme, though, they all load just fine, as do one of the others. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 08:37:20 am »

I told you in my previous posting what is needed to try to help you. If you don't do as I suggested we won't be able to help you. ::)

Joachim

dwjantz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 06:54:41 am »

Solved.  What I was doing was moving pictures I was uploading to another file so I would know which ones I had left.  Then when I uploaded, of course the pics were in another location so the program was showing nothing there.  So, it had nothing to do with themes.  It just so happened that when I switched themes I had not done that.   :) 

As far as the last post before mine, I didn't understand what you meant by a "test user" account.  One thing I have learned since I started all this 3 months ago, some of the more experienced tend to use familiar  lingo to tell newbies how to do things, and they do not understand what you are talking about.  We ask questions, and are responded to with language that makes us even more confused.  Maybe this will help!   :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 09:52:00 am »

a test user account is just the login data (user name and password) of a user you create on your page and then post the user name and password with a link to your site when requesting help. The reason is simple: although we could register an account, we won't do so, simply because it's too much effort (after all you want us to support you, not vice versa). Additionally, we don't like to give away our email addresses to hundrdes of sites, as it will result in receiving even more spam emails. In my opinion the term "test user account" should be pretty obvious and straight-forward; although it is a computer related term my grandma wouldn't understand, I think someone who actually runs a website of his own should understand what it means.
Anyway, thanks for returning and reproting your issue was solved, and how you solved it.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.