Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Upload Problems  (Read 3476 times)

mgidman

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Upload Problems
« on: November 18, 2004, 09:22:27 am »

Firstly im sorry to post this i have searched for the answer extensively but not found the solution..

I have uploaded a folder called pics into the albums directory and can see the folder when i want to upload my files by batch.. when i select the folder it shows them all as thumbnails but says the message Warning: the script can't write in this directory, you need to change its mode to 755 or 777 before trying to add the files..

I have changed the mode to 777 and 755 in config but still no sucess (one question tho is it 0777 or 0755 or 777 / 755)

I have seen about chmoding folders how do i do this ?

the error i get is
Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open 'albums/pics/thumb_Image(07).jpg' for writing in /home2/mgidman/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 218

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home2/mgidman/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 224

Warning: getimagesize(albums/pics/thumb_Image(07).jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/mgidman/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 226
Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch Upload Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 09:27:56 am »

you CHMOD as suggested in the docs and the must-read sticky thread, using your favorite FTP app (usually you right click on a folder, choose "properties" or "permissions", depending on your app). Take a look at the documentation and search for CHMOD tutorials as suggested, or take a look at the tutorial http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/tutorial/download.php (last step "upload"). The CHMOD settings in coppermine's config are only indirectly related to this issue, as it controls the CHMOD the php script applies when creating new subfolders using http upload (as write permissions are needed for the script in the first place you HAVE to apply CHMOD as suggested above before any settings in coppermine's config actually apply).

Joachim

mgidman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 09:58:11 am »

i think the problem is im using smartftp and this doesnt have a chmod option ill get a new ftp client and try thanks for your help

ps is it 0777 or 777 as the default in config is 0777/0755 shall i leave the config alone and just chmod the folders ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 10:03:59 am »

shall i leave the config alone and just chmod the folders ?
For now: yes!

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.