Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch add files, nothing there except text.  (Read 19484 times)

novex

• Coppermine newbie
batch add files, nothing there except text.
« on: October 28, 2004, 08:29:26 pm »

ok, i just installed CPG132 had a "includes" problem, got that sorted. however i am now going to add my photo gallery via the "batch add files" section and all i get is a box witht eh text:

"Select directory
This function allows you to add a batch of file that your have uploaded to your server by FTP.

Select the directory where you have uploaded your files"

no directories are listed and there is no other conten on teh page appart fromt eh standard headers and footers etc.
i have searched the forums a bit and to answer the defaul responses i have not uploaded it into any of the CPG directories, it is in an entirely new directory in teh root folder.

any help would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2004, 09:08:42 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: batch add files, nothing there except text.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 08:33:40 pm »

Quote from: documentation
It's recommended that the coppermine admin uses ftp to upload many pics in one go. Use your ftp software to create sub-folders within your_coppermine_directory/albums/, where your ftp uploads can go to

novex

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 08:37:22 pm »

ohhh, rtfm huh.

well that seems to work, however perhaps adding that into the "

Select directory
This function allows you to add a batch of file that your have uploaded to your server by FTP.

Select the directory where you have uploaded your files

"
so it reads something like "

Select directory

Select the directory inside the "/albums/" directory where you have uploaded your files"

would avoid people having to refer to teh documentation for every little feature :)

anyway, my bad, thanks for teh fast response.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 09:08:23 am »

a more detailed section on where the upload should actually go will be in the next version of coppermine, as we realized that many users are to lazy to read the documentation, so they keep posting the same question over and over again on this board. A search would have helped as well. Nevermind, your issue got fixed - you can savely ignore my rant.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.