Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: install.php first installation: create in automatic the db?  (Read 2558 times)

rob222

• Coppermine newbie
install.php first installation: create in automatic the db?
« on: October 26, 2004, 11:49:59 pm »

I am in standalone on my pc (not in hosting).

Why the first installation coppermine 1.3.2 no to create automatic database mysql ?

I haved this error: no possible connection to DB.

And then I have  created the db, by phpmyadmin and the sql Schema.

After I have created the db, I haved access to admin only if  I not insert user and password for db;
Too if in the config.inc.php there is user and  password. !!!

For to create DB I have used Schema, but Upload and Basic I do not to use?
n.b. for coppermine 1.3.2:

I think that Upload is how Schema only for the section that create the  update of  tables;

but is different for section that insert value into table;

Basic insert value, but is too differenct of Update;

So I think:
Schema is for create db,
Basic is for insert value (is necessary?) and  Update is only for continue to insert value .

But the problem is that I must by hand to clear  the Updata's code  that update Schema's tables.
Is so?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: install.php first installation: create in automatic the db?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 08:32:45 am »

the minimum requirements for coppermine are (among others): mySQL set up properly, with at least one db already created where coppermine can create the necessary tables during install. The question
Why the first installation coppermine 1.3.2 no to create automatic database mysql ?
is irrelevant, a PHP script simply can not create a database for most users. If you're running your own server, you should be able to create one - if you can't, you shouldn't be running your own webserver in the first place, or you should find out how to run it.
It's not necessary to use the sql files from coppermine to create the tables within the database (that's something the coppermine installer will take care of once you have properly created a database). I suggest you undo/delete all tables in this database and start from scratch, using the coppermine installer (you will have to delete include/install.lock to run the installer a second time).

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 16 queries.