Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PHP does not have MySQL support enabled - PHP 7's fault?  (Read 19189 times)

Pockett

• Coppermine newbie
PHP does not have MySQL support enabled - PHP 7's fault?
« on: December 15, 2017, 11:14:26 pm »

Hello,

My website recently had to move web hosts, but my new host uses only PHP 7. I tried installing, but I receive an error message: "PHP does not have MySQL support enabled". Am I right in believing this is due to PHP 7?

Since the topics I've seen seem to be old, is there any way to get it working on PHP 7 yet if that's the case? I do still have the original database and image folders, but I'm not sure right now if I'll even be able to use them.

Thanks.

ron4mac

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Oppie

• Coppermine newbie
Re: PHP does not have MySQL support enabled - PHP 7's fault?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 02:18:54 am »

The reason people are getting that message, is because you guys are not using MySQLi to access databases.  You should check for version of php and act accordingly.  MySQLi is the current way to connect to the database instead of MySQL_Connect.

**** link removed ****

For examples on how to use MySQLi.  More and more hosts are switching to PHP7 and that is what they use.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 07:06:04 am by Phill Luckhurst »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: PHP does not have MySQL support enabled - PHP 7's fault?
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 07:05:24 am »

What do you mean “ You Guys”

If you are talking Coppermine in general then there is an updated version that uses mysqli and php7. So no need  to post a link. As suck I have removed the link you added.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.