Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.46 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter recently discovered vulnerabilities. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.44 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG 1.6 (PHP7) Upgrade/Install Aid  (Read 1959 times)

ron4mac

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
CPG 1.6 (PHP7) Upgrade/Install Aid
« on: March 31, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »

For currently running CPG 1.5.32+ installations, an assistive script to use for upgrading to the pre-release version of CPG 1.6 was made available here.

Attached to this post is a script that can be used to upgrade a CPG 1.5.32+ installation that has suddenly stopped working because of PHP changes (for example) at your site. Place the script file (as cpg_installer_stub.php) in the root of your CPG installation. Access the script as <your_coppermine_url>/cpg_installer_stub.php. Choose to upgrade your current installation.
Be very aware: you could be using a plugin or theme that is not compatible with CPG 1.6

This same script can also be used to create a new installation of CPG 1.6.   Make sure you have a database user and password already configured on your server.  Load the script to an appropriate place on your server (where you want the installation to be).  Access the script from a web browser and perform the installation.

Once installation is complete, it is advisable to remove this script.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:45:49 PM by ron4mac »

netb

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: CPG 1.6 (PHP7) Upgrade/Install Aid
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:44:23 PM »

Hello,

I kind of missed that post and did a normal upgrade by downloading the 1.6.03 github source, then overwriting the 1.5 cpg and starting the update.php. Should I be concerned or look for something not quite right? At first glance the script seems to download the latest github files as well.

ron4mac

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 11:57:30 PM »

You're good either way. The script was just to make it easier for some people.

Dale M.

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 11:23:39 PM »

Tried to do "fix" by using "cpg_installer_stub.php" and all i got was a error:

Releases of CPG not found at Github

What do I do now?

Dale

ron4mac

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 03:32:13 AM »

It would seem that your server is not configured in a way that will allow the method to work for you.

Your options are:
Get your hosting provider to backoff PHP7 long enough for you use the "upgrader.php" method. (other thread)

Get your hosting provider to turn on "allow_url_fopen" for your currently running PHP7. Then use the "cpg_installer_stub.php" method.

Use "manual" method to perform the upgrade. http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upgrading.htm

Dale M.

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Re: CPG 1.6 (PHP7) Upgrade/Install Aid
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 03:27:50 PM »

It would seem that your server is not configured in a way that will allow the method to work for you.

Your options are:
Get your hosting provider to backoff PHP7 long enough for you use the "upgrader.php" method. (other thread)

Get your hosting provider to turn on "allow_url_fopen" for your currently running PHP7. Then use the "cpg_installer_stub.php" method.

Use "manual" method to perform the upgrade. http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/upgrading.htm

IF I use "manual" method for up grade, it takes me to version 1.5.46, Correct?... Does that get me past the  mysql(i)  and php7 problem or is it just another layer of work and problem will still persist?

IF "manual" method as describes in link works for 1.6.X what is proper download file to do upgrade and do same instruction apply?

Dale

ron4mac

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 03:50:20 PM »

Use the 1.6.03 version here: https://github.com/coppermine-gallery/cpg1.6.x/releases

Follow the same method as for 1.5.  You MUST run <your-cpg-site>/update.php after uploading all the files.

Dale M.

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 06:48:39 PM »

Use the 1.6.03 version here: https://github.com/coppermine-gallery/cpg1.6.x/releases

Follow the same method as for 1.5.  You MUST run <your-cpg-site>/update.php after uploading all the files.

Thank you... The adventure continues... Keeping fingers crossed....

Dale M.

Dale M.

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 09:45:09 PM »

Thank you... The adventure continues... Keeping fingers crossed....

Dale M.

Ok.... I can see  Coppemine and navigate through all the images, BUT can not log in as "admin"... Get this error message:

This page isnít working

mariposamuseum.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Going to search forum for possible answers... It's getting better, but not quite "there" yet...

Dale

ron4mac

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 09:57:46 PM »

Did you run "update.php"?

Dale M.

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 10:05:49 PM »

YES for second time, may have entered "update.php" incorrectly in URL first time around and did not any error message...

Everything seems good now.. Keeping fingers crossed!

Thank you the guidance and patience..

Cheers!

Dale M.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.