Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Full-Size & Intermediate Photos Access Control  (Read 166495 times)

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Full-Size Photos Access Control
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2006, 09:47:53 pm »

I'm working on the next release of this plugin to include control of the intermediate image (or the full-size one if you don't use intermediate images - i.e. the image on displayimage.php page with the filmstrip below it).  I could easily add in a pop-up option for the "not allowed" message.  I asked in a previous post above about this and you are the first to request something different.

I could tell you how to modify things to do so, but since I can add it to the next release, is that sufficient?  You can see then what I did.   :)

Trulla

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2006, 09:25:02 pm »

I could tell you how to modify things to do so, but since I can add it to the next release, is that sufficient?  You can see then what I did.   :)
I asked a friend to help me... he knows PHP better than me.. and he just replaced this code in codebase.php

Code: [Select]
$cpicdata['html'] = preg_replace('/alt=\".*\"/i','alt="'.$alt_text.'" title="'.$alt_text.'"',$cpicdata['html']);
with this one:

Code: [Select]
$cpicdata['html'] = preg_replace('/alt=\".*\"/i',"onClick=\"alert('".$alt_text."')\"",$cpicdata['html']);
Works fine for me right now but I'm still looking forward to the next release of this plugin.  :) Great work, really.  ;)

Rush_To_Me

• Coppermine newbie
  • Crazy Mechanic Engineer
    • Enlaces Digitales
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2006, 04:23:15 pm »

Thank you Paver & Trulla  ;D Great Plugin

cornelp

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2006, 04:53:53 pm »

;D

Thank You Paver. U are owesome. Plugin worked PERFECT.

THANK YOU...

:D

CRCs Reality

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2006, 06:57:32 pm »

Just a quick thanks for a slick plugin, great work Paver :)

docgonzo

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2006, 11:18:14 pm »

Any word on progress with the new version?

I've recently switched my setup, to accomodate use of your plugin,
and was wondering of you were going to develop it further, with the suggested features.

I don't want to rush you or anything though.
I'm just curious :)

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2006, 12:12:27 am »

In the back of my mind, I knew I had a few things to add to this plugin, but I forgot how much I had discussed this, especially in the last post above where I mentioned the next version as if it were imminent.  Sorry about that.  I should be careful about promising anything.

I'll take a look and see what it takes to do what we discussed.  Thanks for the bump.  6 months is surely a reasonable time for a bump & check.

Bazzah

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2006, 06:18:21 pm »

Just want to say thanks  - I have been pulling my hair out all day trying to do something like this!

majay

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2006, 09:25:06 pm »

Thanks for this great plugin Paver!

@ Tulla: thanks for the code you provided in order to allow a window to pop up, however, I don't understand where you're supposed to enter the link to the window you want to pop up. Could you please explain?

Thank you!

Davide Renda

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "Lontano"
    • www.daviderenda.eu
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2006, 03:21:02 pm »

I'm just noticing that, when logged as admin but in "user mode", full size pics are blocked. I don't think being a config problem, as except guest/anonymous, all groups have access to full size pics.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2006, 09:42:40 pm »

Never leave "admin mode" then. ;D

spewbert

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2006, 11:19:12 pm »

hi there Ive tried installing the plugin but getting error when opening index.php

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_meta_album_set() in /home/rawimage/public_html/gallery/index.php on line 757

also when opening plugin_config.php codebase.php getting Not in Coppermine...and configuration.php getting a blank white page any ideas whats going on?

link www.raw-image.net/gallery/

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2006, 12:36:01 am »

@spewbert: I don't understand why you would get the index.php error when using this plugin.  For the other errors, those are "as designed" - you're not supposed to open those plugin scripts outside of Coppermine.  So the only error you have is the "Call to undefined function" error.  And I don't understand how that happened.  "get_meta_album_set()" is a function defined in include/functions.inc.php and has nothing to do with the plugin, as far as I can tell.

As a side issue, you are running a fairly old version of Coppermine (1.4.5).  You should upgrade to the latest version (1.4.9).  I don't think this upgrade will fix the issue - unless you have modified one of the core scripts and upgrading will restore the original (correct) code.  When doing an upgrade, you'll have to re-apply any hacks you have made to the core scripts.

lordfrikk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2006, 02:17:03 pm »

I do not want to be a nuisance but you said in January that you're working on the version that count with intermediate thumbs :'( Is there any chance you'll get it working any time now?

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2006, 06:48:20 am »

Version 1.3 of this plugin has been released.  See the first post in this thread.

The new features are:
  • "Administrators - User Mode" can now be given permissions like any other group.  As before, administrators in "admin mode" will always have full access to the photos.  As noted above, "user mode" was blocked in version 1.2 and there was no way to set permissions for "user mode".
  • The popup message box noted above has been added as a configuration option, with the "mouse hover" or "tooltip" message changed to a configuration option as well.  Select one or both as desired.
  • Intermediate images can now be controlled.  You select a permission level for each group: thumbnail-only access, intermediate access, or full-size access.  Please read the note on the plugin configuration panel carefully.  Basically, this plugin is stupid (i.e. unaware) about the case where a gallery doesn't use intermediate images (where a gallery has the full-size image shown on the "Displayimage.php" page and therefore doesn't use the full-size popup).  If you have such a gallery, you must ignore the "intermediate" permission level.  If you don't ignore it, note that "intermediate" = "full-size" for galleries with no intermediate images.

edit: Note that I did not implement any message on the thumbnails page for users that are not allowed to view the intermediate images.  Since the "mouse hover" message is taken up by the file info, I'm not sure what would be appropriate.  If people that use the intermediate access control think a message is required, please suggest precise details of how this message should appear (in a popup alert box, in a "mouse hover" message, in a link to another page like a registration page).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 07:00:22 am by Paver »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Full-Size & Intermediate Photos Access Control
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2006, 06:55:31 am »

Nice work Paver :)
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

tutone

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2006, 12:14:37 am »

This is what i have been looking/waiting for. Brilliant!

One issue... unregistered users cannot click on/open video thumbnails. This mod seems to affect videos as well as images. I didn't install the previous version. But, I thought i read that you had fixed it so that this only affects images. Is that not the case anymore?

Thanks again. This is so freaking awesome!

With regards to text informing the unregistered user that they must login/register to see the intermediary or fullsize version... i would vote to have some sort of pop up. Or even a message at the top of the thumnail page... indicating that they must login to see the intermediary. It would seem like clicking on the image would be appropriate. As it is a natural occurance... a user clicks on the image to get the larger picture... and then a pop up appears informing the person to login/register. Right now, if you were a new user and you tried to click on the thumbnail, there would be no link - nothing happens. They would have no clue that it was possible to see a larger version of the file. Upon clicking on the image (which is natural internet behavior) they currently do not get a response so the implication is that clicking does nothing and they would have no idea that registering would give them this ability. Let me know if I make no sense...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:22:06 am by tutone »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2006, 12:33:43 am »

@tutone: You're welcome.  Your comments on the intermediate popup and text next to the album title are good ones.  I'll consider them, since as you said, a user blocked from intermediate photos might not realize such photos are available.

As for the video thumbnails, you are correct in saying that I fixed an issue with non-image files in version 1.2.  That version only validated image files for full-size access (as does version 1.3 in regards to full-size access).  I forgot about this when adding the intermediate control, so the intermediate control removes all access to displayimage.php for all files.  Once again, I'll have to modify the plugin to treat only image files.  In this case, it's not an error as it was in the previous version, but rather a control-happy plugin.  I'll add in an option to do what it does now - control all files on the thumbnail page - versus controlling only images.

I have no idea when I'll finish this next version, but since version 1.3 is still clear in my mind, there's a good chance I'll look at it soon.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2006, 05:16:27 am »

Version 1.4 has been released and is included on the first post, as usual.

The additions are:
  • added option to control everything or images only
  • added message (hover + box) for intermediate restrictions

Non-image files are only controlled for intermediate access (clicking on the thumbnail to pull up the intermediate page).  "Full-size" access is not applicable to such non-image files.

For the intermediate message, you can include the tag {TYPE} to include the file type (whatever it is for the particular thumbnail).  The default message uses this tag, so you can see it in action.

tutone

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2006, 07:41:55 pm »

Simply Amazing!!!! I seriously have been waiting for this since I installed coppermine years ago. Exactly what I wanted. Your the best. Now if I can just find a plugin to show the user's on the main page  :)

Seriously... very grateful!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.