Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing language and theme problem in 1.4.2  (Read 7258 times)

rad_poland

• Coppermine newbie
    • Joomla Rad's Home Site
Changing language and theme problem in 1.4.2
« on: December 06, 2005, 05:04:52 pm »

First of all, I have downloaded theme files and language files with a cpg 1.4.2 package so I was thinking there shouldn't be any problems, but:
When I go into Config section and change one of them (theme or language), or both at once and click "save..." at the bottom of Config page, nothing's happen :( I mean it opens home page of gallery but that's all. I still have previous language and previous theme.

Different situation is with list of languages and themes placed on home page, when I change it (using list) it works.

Another problem is with Polish language file (and any other than English). Is it possible that file isn't compatible with new 1.4.2? When I choose it, not all works right, I mean, I must check the "Fallback to English.." in Config section to have (for exapmle) all the Admin buttons. What is more, with "Fallback..." some of buttons are not in Polish language, but English - but I think that "Fallback to English" works like that:) (So is that mean that language package provided with 1.4.2 package doesn't included fresh versions of language files other than English? Without checking the "Fallback" option I don't have couple of buttons (Config button and Documentation)

rad_poland

• Coppermine newbie
    • Joomla Rad's Home Site
Re: Changing language and theme problem in 1.4.2
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 01:29:08 am »

To my last post: I have "used" a versioncheck mechanism and see that language file "English.php" is ver 1.281/1.281 (and it's whole colored green - so it seems to be ok, and it works fine) but the version of polish.php file is 1.7/1.6 and  "1.6" is colored by yellow/orange with a question mark
Code: [Select]
("The file on your webserver seems to be newer than your Coppermine version. You are either using a development file (you should only do so if you know what you are doing), or you have upgraded your Coppermine install and not uploaded include/init.inc.php ") For example the german.php file is 1.29/1.28 where "1.28" is also colored by yellow with tha same question mark next to it (and it also doesn't work well)

I can't descibe my problem in any other way..

Anybbody???

rad_poland

• Coppermine newbie
    • Joomla Rad's Home Site
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 11:33:25 pm »

Ok, it's true, version of Polish language which comes with cpg 1.4.2 package it's wrong and not works :( I just have started translate it :)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 11:45:08 pm »

It looks like it has already been done, but just hasn't been released in an official download yet: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=20355.0

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 08:32:58 am »

hm, sorry - a valid polish translation actually never was contributed. There has been an effort to translate it, but the contributor never finished his work, see http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=20355.msg97696#msg97696

rad_poland

• Coppermine newbie
    • Joomla Rad's Home Site
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 11:05:09 am »

true, true... the file which was in the cpg 1.4.2 package is only 71,3 KB and doesn't include almost everything what's new :( The valid version o polish.php should be somehing like 130 KB, like for example english or german.. I only wonder why the wrong polish language file was in the 1.4.2 package?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 05:39:05 pm »

Like I said: a valid Polish translation for cpg1.4.x hasn't been contributed. That's why the language file from cpg1.3.x was put into the package; with language fallback enabled it's suppossed to work as well (at least for users, maybe not for admins). Anyway, there's little point in asking "Why?" - on a support board, there's usually no "why?", but "how do I?"... ;)
Why don't you start translating, maybe based on the half-finished polish translation over on the "official" translation thread?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.