Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing user albums...  (Read 5947 times)

opulence

• Coppermine novice
Removing user albums...
« on: April 23, 2005, 01:02:26 am »

I had user private albums enabled, then someone created an album but did not upload any pics into it.

I now want to disable user private albums, which I did, however I am unable to get rid of the categorey from appearing on my mainpage in the: breadcrumb/catlist/alblist

argh... this happened once before, I had to upload 1 pic into a priv gallery as a registered user, and then log back into the admin account, approve the pic, and then delete the entire album.

However, I don't know which user tried creating an album but didn't upload a pic, and I can't get to the delete button on the album because when I click on the album it just says "this album has no files"  :-[

And under the categorey menu, you can't delete the "User Galleries" :(

opulence

• Coppermine novice
Re: Removing user albums...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 03:19:43 am »

I guess I can explain a bit more clear...

Before having private albums enabled, the categorey "User Galleries" would not appear on the breadcrumb/catlist/alblist on my mainpage (which was good)

Then I mistakenly had private albums enabled, and a user created an album - but didn't put any pictures into that album.

I tried a billion different things, like disabling private albums through config, and disabling personal gallery through groups, but the categorey list would not go away for "User Galleries" as it once was - and I couldn't delete the album because you can only view an album, to delete it, if there's a pic in it.

I deleted the user that created the gallery, in hopes that the album would vanish, but to my dismay it didn't.

Now there's an anonymous "new album" that I have no way of accessing and it's just created an extra slot in the categorey list on my main page :(  I'd really like to get rid of it.

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 10:10:24 pm »

Log in as an administrator and using the album manager, delete the album that is under the User Gallery. IF there are no albums under user gallery, the User Gallery Category will disappear from the main page.

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#albmgr
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

opulence

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 11:53:52 pm »

It doesn't allow me to see "User Galleries" in my album manager...

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 09:16:53 pm »

Click on the properties button next to any album.  once in this album, open the album name dropdown box, and you should see these offending albums in the list, select one of them.

Now you should see the album properties for this album, which is empty.  While in this page, click the 'albums' button in the admin menu.  You should now be able to delete this album.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

opulence

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 04:28:14 pm »

Thanks very much Casper, that did work for one of them

However, unfortunately for the one that I tried to take other measures with (by deleting the user) - his album didn't appear in the dropdown menu :(

Would I be able to PM anyone and give them temporary admin access to see the problem?  :\'(

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 05:46:39 pm »

ok, pm me with your url, an admin user account and password.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

opulence

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 11:03:43 pm »

ok, pm me with your url, an admin user account and password.

PM sent, thanks very much and hopefully you can figure it out  :D

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 11:36:35 pm »

OK, all sorted.

It does appear when you deleted the user, the album was not deleted, as it should have been.

opulence

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 11:55:24 pm »

Thanks man!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.