Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual Galleries  (Read 2947 times)

mqcarpenter

• Coppermine newbie
    • OTB Design
Dual Galleries
« on: April 25, 2005, 05:18:09 am »

I use Coppermine online to share my child's photos, and it works great!

I have customized the look and am happy with it.

We are now having a second child, and here is what I would like to do. Can someone tell me if this is possible? Thanks

I want to use the same albums and backend, but a different template, referenced on a different domain (folder on the same server). Can I do that so that I can still upload photos to one location and simply have a different appearance on the second child's site?

TIA
Football is gearing up @ www.returnofthechampions.com

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
Re: Dual Galleries
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 05:34:55 am »

One option is to install a second instance of CPG. Then copy your template files from your current installation to your new one. If you are using a UNIX based web-server, you can simply create a symbolic link for the albums directory. This way technically you are only uploading files to one folder.
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 06:09:23 am »

I think someone had done it before where they had different themes for different albums in the same gallery. Using a different domain is going to complicate things, but if you have a different domain on the same server, preferably on the same account, it might be possible for both galleries to share photo files.

mqcarpenter

• Coppermine newbie
    • OTB Design
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 05:23:25 am »

I figured that I could use the same albums database, and have the references to the original domain. That is not a problem. If I can just create a new template for that portion, it will be fine. I will play with it and see if this is all possible. I think I may install a new instance, as mentioned, under the new domain, and look to change the database references.
Football is gearing up @ www.returnofthechampions.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.