Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving gallery to another domain/url  (Read 4044 times)

FinnK

• Coppermine novice
Moving gallery to another domain/url
« on: September 14, 2004, 07:04:24 pm »

Hi
Is it possible to move a complete gallery from one webhotel to another in a straightforward way? Both have PHP / MySql. I suppose the question is how to move the MySql database and get it to work on another server/domain.

Please give me some ideas on how difficult this may be. I am not at home with phpAdmin or manipulating with databases, but please try to lead me in the right direction on what to get into to be able to do what is needed.

Thanks

FinnK

Nibbler

Re: Moving gallery to another domain/url
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 07:12:30 pm »

You need to make a dump/export of the database and then restore it on the other server. Then change the settings in your include/config.inc.php to match the new database info.

FinnK

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 07:25:04 pm »

OK I think I get the idea - but all folders/files in wich Coppermine now resides can be moved as is to the new location? - by FTP?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 07:33:58 pm »

Yes, just ftp them.  You are advised of course to do a backup of your albums.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

FinnK

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 07:46:46 pm »

Thanks !

The work will not start until later this fall. I may come back with more questions if I hit the wall....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 09:22:19 am »

sure. If possible, make your conversion while you still have access to both webspaces, so you can get anything from your old webspace in case you forgot something. I recommend upgrading your existing install to cpg1.3.2, should make things easier as well, as it comes with a tool called "versioncheck" that will let you check if all mandatory and optional files are in place.

Joachim

FinnK

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 01:40:42 pm »

I got the coppermine folders copied directly from my server to the new one - service of the new webhotel. Coppermine seem to work even if I have not modifyed any files as to where to look for the database! I rekon Coppermine still reads the database in the old site. (?)

Next step is to modify the nessesary files to get it to access the new location for the database...  I have tried to import the Tables Coppermine uses into the new database and I hope it will work when I correct the database name in the Coppermine files.

After Coppermine works I will consider to upgrade it to the latest version if it is straightforward. Its a long time since I have installed it and I dont remember wich mods I have made to it any longer. Thats why I hesitate....

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.