Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One site, different themes, where to put files?  (Read 3981 times)

MichelleC

• Coppermine newbie
One site, different themes, where to put files?
« on: September 13, 2004, 09:12:50 pm »

I am building a family website. At the root of the site will be pages with info about the whole family. Under that I have a directory for myself, my husband, and my baby.  Each of these subdirectories will be like a seperate site with their own themes.

I'd like to use Coppermine in all four areas, but it will look different in each area. In my area, I want a lot of the gallery features such as being able to comment on photos as I will be posting photos taken as part of my hobby. In the baby's area, I will be removing a lot of the features as I just need a very basic photo display.  In addition to using different features, I plan on using different themes in each area.

This is my first time using Coppermine so I am very new. I'd like to set this up properly from the start.  So I'm looking for help on where to place the files and any other tips to accomplish my goal.  My initial thought was to give Coppermine its own directory off the root and place all the galleries for all the "subsites" in the one installation.  If I do that, though, how do I customize the look of each one?  My second thought was to place a Coppermine installation in each subsite directory (disk space isn't an issue), which would make it easier to customize each one. The problem is that I've only got one MySQL database and it seems like that would cause problems.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to tackle this, but I had no luck finding good keywords to search the forums on. Does anyone have any advice for me?  Also examples from people who have done this already would be great.

And just a bit off topic, if anyone has a theme that works well for a baby boy that isn't sports that they are willing to let me use, I'd love to hear from you. Email is fine for that to keep this thread on topic.  :)

Thanks,

Michelle

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: One site, different themes, where to put files?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 09:31:17 pm »

Hi Michelle,

have a look at this thread, for how to have different themes for different albums/categories, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3138.0

You can use 3 different themes, each of which can have certain features removed or added, to achieve what you want.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

MichelleC

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 01:26:38 am »

Thanks, Casper.  That looks a little more involved than I'm ready for at this point. I just started learning PHP.  My main focus right now is the baby's site as I'd like to get it done before he's born.  ;D  So I'll work on that one first. By the time I get that done and am ready to start on mine, I should be more advanced and able to tackle code changes.

Michelle

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 01:59:59 am »

You could give each family member a different category and link to them from your own pages like this, with the theme in the url.

http://www.yoursite.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=2&theme=baby

Assuming baby's category is number 2. That way you can make them all as different as you like just by having a different theme for each.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.