Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photos not showing after upload due to space in the title?  (Read 2337 times)

louis_cole

• Coppermine newbie
photos not showing after upload due to space in the title?
« on: September 13, 2004, 07:13:05 pm »

a weird thing as happened to my Coppermine Photo Gallery v1.2.1 I've been using on my site for ages,

suddenly Some images stopped been shown, I thought they may have been accidentally deleted of our web space, but I checked and they were there.

I figured out that it was all the pictures that have been uploaded with a blank space in the title. the link from the website to the picture has replaced all the spaces with %20, which I know is the correct code.

Its weird because up until a week ago they were fine to have spaces in the title but now they can't be found? its only the images with spaces in the tile.

Any suggestions on how I could amend this? and stop this happening in the future?

thankyou Louis

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: photos not showing after upload due to space in the title?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 07:16:01 pm »

Well, I would recommend upgrading to 1.3.2 for a start.  Have you asked your host if they've done anything lately?  Quite often a host will perform maintenance and either forget to compile something or actually break something.

You could use a tool like phpmyadmin to go thru your pictures table and rename the offending picture file names and then use a FTP client to actually rename the images.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

louis_cole

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 07:27:57 pm »

thanks!,

i will try and update it now, do you know what may have caused this because even if i manage to rename the images i have a few members who are bound to upload photos with spaces in the filenames in the future and i wouldn't want to have to rename them everytime. The puzzling thing is that it was working fine displaying thiese photos and then suddenly it wasn't, what could have my host done to muck that up?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 09:18:40 am »

There should be auto-rename taking care of spaces in filenames, replacing them with the web-safe underscore ("_").

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.