Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images/text dropping down from image navigation bar (CPG1.3.2)  (Read 6253 times)

tigertricks

• Coppermine newbie
  • where's my avatar?
Images/text dropping down from image navigation bar (CPG1.3.2)
« on: September 13, 2004, 06:59:29 pm »

Here's a funny thing I hope somebody can help me with. When clicking on a thumbnail in the thumbnail overview, normally the thumbnail you clicked on will come up big and will be displayed with the image navigation bar above it. The image navigation bar is the tablerow that contains the pictures/controls for thumbnail/picture info/slideshow/file/previous/next functions. Now the funny thing: when the page has loaded, the images from the navigation bar drop down. Only to jump back to the navigation bar when you hover your mouse over them. Weather I use the default images or text in this navigation bar, it will still drop down. Sometimes the same will happen with number of pages indication on the bottomline of the thumbnail overview.
Browsers I used that show this behaviour are ie5.5 and ie6. The site involved: www.skinagency.nl. Mozilla 0.9.2 doesn't seem to have this behaviour so far.

Has anyone ever experienced this behaviour and was there a solution to it? Thanks for your time to help me with my question! Please let me know if you require any code.

Regards, Reinier

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Images/text dropping down from image navigation bar (CPG1.3.2)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 07:08:50 pm »

Using IE6, I didn't see anything strange when viewing this page, e.g., http://www.skinagency.nl/models/displayimage.php?album=126&pos=0

Do you have a specific example?

edit: Actually, I just looked at another page and now see what you are talking about:
http://www.skinagency.nl/models/displayimage.php?album=20&pos=0

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 07:10:39 pm »

This is most likely an issue with how your custom theme is displaying everything.  Without having the code to look at, all I can tell you is to compare your theme with the classic theme that comes with Coppermine to make sure you're sending everything to the template.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

tigertricks

• Coppermine newbie
  • where's my avatar?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 07:26:57 pm »

That's some fast reply! Thanks you guys for already having looked and replied! Here is some more info, a screendump of what I mean and the theme files I adopted for this site. I have used the classic cpg theme as my starting point.
In the screen dump I have encircled with red the dropped down text; in green where it should be.

Thanks again guys! Rgds, R

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 07:33:27 pm »

Since it's happening with one type of browser and not another, it's definitely an issue with your customized theme.  You need to go thru and look for open tags missing closing tags, typos, etc.  You should use a validator service to help spot the errors.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 08:19:48 pm »

This has been reported 2 or 3 times before, only in versions 1.3x, and I cannot remember the exact cause, but am sure it is theme based.
Try a search on the 1.3 boards only.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 08:42:26 pm »

Try removing any table or cell height attributes from your theme,php, particularly the main menu and admin menu.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

tigertricks

• Coppermine newbie
  • where's my avatar?
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 11:36:49 pm »

Hi Casper,

Thanks for your response! I have tried to locate any of the attributes you mentioned but couldn't really find related code in the theme.php file. What I did do is remove some lines of code (or actually changed them into comments) that make up the main and admin menu. I removed them since there is no need to display these options in this website, so I am wondering now, could this be the cause?
Another striking thing is that when I rescale the open window and reload the page with a new different picture the text seems to drop down at the same percentage as the window has been rescaled. I am still wondering about the fact that the text does jump back to the right position when you hover your mouse over it.
When using one of the standard themes it looks like everything works fine as far as I tested it, so you are probably right that it is a theme related issue. However I am lost in the code and can't seem to find where I should change something. I looked for unclosed tags as kegobeer suggested but that seems to be all right.
I have btw tried to find some posts in the forum you mentioned but couldn't find a topic about it (or just didn't use the right keywords for a search). Please find attached my theme and template files. Hope you can find some time to help or point me in the right direction, if not, thanks for your time anyhow!

Rgrds, R

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 12:33:41 am »

I could see no specific problem, but I have changed the table layout on in the template slightly, removing the rowspan and putting the '{MAIN_MENU} {ADMIN_MENU}
            {GALLERY}' in the same cell, but it should give the same result.

I have tested as much as I can, without the theme images, and it works ok on my site.  Try it out

tigertricks

• Coppermine newbie
  • where's my avatar?
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2004, 10:14:37 am »

Hi Casper, I uploaded the modified template, tested it and until now it seems to work!

Thank you so much for your help, big up!

Regards,
Reinier
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.