Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: comments without album selected doesn't work [1.4 bug]  (Read 3832 times)

cryogenic

• Tester
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • the cynic says...
comments without album selected doesn't work [1.4 bug]
« on: September 13, 2004, 10:25:12 am »

I've noticed that if I'm on the default page without having chosen any particular gallery/album and I click the "last comments" link, it fails with a critical error. Putting cpg in debug mode reveals the following error:
Code: [Select]
While executing query "SELECT COUNT(*) from cpg130_comments, cpg130_pictures  WHERE approved = 'YES' AND cpg130_comments.pid = cpg130_pictures.pid AND ( )" on 0

mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1
The error appears to be in the "AND ( )" part.... when I do the same while actually IN a gallery, the query reads as follows:
Code: [Select]
SELECT COUNT(*) from cpg130_comments, cpg130_pictures  WHERE approved = 'YES' AND cpg130_comments.pid = cpg130_pictures.pid AND ( aid IN (8)  )
I don't know if 1.3 does the same thing or not as I never really checked it when I had 1.3 installed. It basically seems as though it's not passing anything into the query when it's on the default page. I expected it to give me a list of ALL recent comments in ALL my galleries. Anything I can edit in order to make it do that?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 10:29:44 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: comments without album selected doesn't work [1.4 bug]
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 10:29:25 am »

there's no support for the devel version (you're free to use it on your own risk, it isn't meant for production sites), you're on your own with this issue, sorry. The issue itself has been reported before, so I can confirm that there's a bug somewhere. The solution to this issue will be discussed on the closed developers board, check the cvs frequently to find out if this has improved.

Locking this thread now.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.