Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Site login integration without a CMS  (Read 4288 times)

russellb

• Coppermine newbie
Site login integration without a CMS
« on: September 12, 2004, 07:48:17 pm »

I do not want to use a CMS for my website but would like to know if the coppermine user logging information can be used as a site login.

For example I have a html based website with a public and a members section. When someone logs into my members section they would automatically be logged into coppermine as well.

Thanks for the ideas.

mstralka

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Site login integration without a CMS
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 08:42:22 pm »

This really depends on how your current site is set up.  Do you already have signin functionality?  Are the pages PHP or static HTML?

When a user logs into CPG, it puts a cookie on their machine that stores the username, and MD5-hashed password.  You could make your members site look for this cookie, pull the username and MD5-hashed password from it, then look up the username/password in the coppermine users table.

Hope that helps
Mark
GO IRISH

russellb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 09:06:05 pm »

I am redesigning the entire site so I do not need to make it work with the old login.

One question: In your example it seams that a person would already have to have the cpg cookie on their machine. I need the initial site login to give the member access to cpg as they will have to go through my site login page before they can view the gallery.

I am designing a family website with hundreds of documents and photos. Something like myfamily.com with one login for all member services: photos, bbs, chat, documents, etc...

Thanks

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 09:12:28 pm »

If you plan on using a bbs, you could use something like SMF - you can create a start page and use the SSI.php file to display login functions.  Use Coppermine and bridge the two together.  For every non-SMF/Coppermine page, you can include the SSI.php file and check for member status.

Since Coppermine handles many filetypes, not just pictures, you can use it for documents, files, etc.

If you check out my site, you'll see I have something similar set up.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

russellb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2004, 09:37:50 pm »

Thanks your site looks good and I may be able to use something similar. I cannot put the documents in the album because I have hundreds of them and it would be to confusing for my members to find them.

I will look into the ssi.php.

Could I just create a login that will set a cookie with the cpg information?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2004, 10:09:31 pm »

I'm sure it's possible.  Look thru the Coppermine files for setcookie and cookie, you'll find how to set them.  Just make sure you use the same cookie name that Coppermine uses.

If you end up using a bbs and Coppermine, and you don't bridge them, the same cookie won't work for both.  That's why I suggested using SMF for all the login functions and bridging Coppermine into it.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2004, 10:13:53 pm »

As for the documents: It's really pretty easy to set Coppermine to handle hundreds of documents - using categories and albums makes it easy to navigate.  You can put links to the categories and/or albums on your start page or your bbs or anywhere else to assist your members in finding them.

Or you can do it a different way.  Just giving you some suggestions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.