Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users and Album Permissions!  (Read 3830 times)

Anzxio

• Coppermine newbie
Users and Album Permissions!
« on: September 12, 2004, 03:43:36 pm »

Just after a bit of help really :)  I've just installed Coppermine, though i dont think it has exactly what i'm after, so i'm looking for you to tell me where i'm going wrong!

I'd like to be able to make it so that the administator can set an album to be one of several states:
- Public (anyone can view, no need to register)
- Private (you need to be a member to view)
- User Specific (only chosen users can view)

With the user specific one it would be a useful bonus if this could be done:
The administrator can click an 'add user' link on an album, this will then allow them to email a selected user OR an email address.  The email would contain a link, if the person is already registered and they click the link then they will be added to the users that can view that album.  If they are not registered then they will need to register, then they will be added to the user list for that specific album.
Does that make any sense?

Is this possible with the current implementation of Coppermine?  or am i going to need to hack it up a bit? :D

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Users and Album Permissions!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 03:57:33 pm »

• In coppermine config, make sure you have "Users can have private albums (Note: if you switch from 'yes' to 'no' any current private albums will become public)" to "Yes"
  • In coppermine admin menu, choose "groups"  and create an additional group called "superduper_users" or similar.
  • Click "properties" next to the album thumbnail all "regular" users are suppossed to be able to see. From the "Album can be viewed by" dropdown, choose "Members of the 'Registered' group
  • Click "properties" next to the album thumbnail all "superduper_users" users are suppossed to be able to see (those you want to hide both from gusts and "regular" logged-in users). From the "Album can be viewed by" dropdown, choose "Members of the 'superduper_users' group
  • To give those special permissions to a user, click on "users" from the admin menu, click "edit" next to the user's name, then enable the checkbox next to "superduper_users" when editing this user's profile. This way, he will become member of the registered group (this is what the dropdown is for) as primary member group as well as member of the "superduper_users" group (as secondary user group). He then will be able to see the special pics that are only meant for this particular group, no need to mess with email announcements and so on.
Joachim

Anzxio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 04:26:15 pm »

Here's my next problem... This gallery is for my mums business, so she has to be able to use it :D  Now, how can i make this all REALLY simple, lol.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 09:07:27 am »

1) We have a "one question per thread" policy on this board. Next time, start a new thread for a new question.
2) Please resolve your questions: a short "your suggestion works" usually is enough, so we can tag a thread as solved. Some even say "thanks, your suggestion works" ;)
3) Simple usage by your mum: what do you expect coppermine to allow your mum to do? If she's only going to upload pics to it as sole contributor, create a group "upload_users" , set the group's permissions to "can upload" (deny uploads for all other groups) and make her the only member of that particular group. Be more specific what your mum needs to do for more detailed information.

Joachim

P.S. You question should have gone into the proper support board instead of "General discussion" in the first place. Please post what version of Coppermine you're using, and/or post a link, so I can move this thread accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.