Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Additional Email Options  (Read 5878 times)

henson

• Coppermine newbie
Additional Email Options
« on: September 09, 2004, 08:56:29 pm »

Specifically, I would like to be able to recieve an email notification on a daily or weekly basis (configurable) showing what albums have had pictures added, by who, etc.  I would be able to choose what albums I'm interested in.  I would be able to choose whether the email contained only picture titles or thumbnails.

My use for this is in a small community photo gallery (10-20 people, such as an extended family) in which the community members are very interested in the ongoing photo sharing and would like fast easy access to new photos that they have not seen, without the need to browse through the various member's galleries and albumns.

Also, if anyone knows of other photo gallery software that offers such a feature, please let me know so that I might investigate the possibilities.

Thank you for the consideration of this feature, and thanks for your continued work on a very nice piece of software.

henson

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Additional Email Options
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 06:17:44 am »

I thought perhaps my previous post was unclear, so I decided to give a short, easy example of what I've been looking for.  Think "mailing list digest" or "weekly activity summary" to get an idea, and imagine getting an email each week from the Family Gallery that looks something like this:

This week in GalleryXYZ

John Smith
1 new Album: Birthday Pictures
2 new Photos added to: My House
1 new Photo added to: The Kids

Sally Green
2 new Albums: New Car, Jimmy's School Play
4 new Photos added to: Construction Next Door

Of course, the idea would be to have the option to custimize what your email looked like, how often a digest was sent, thumbnails could be sent, titles and captions of added photos, whatever sort of 'digest' type information is relevent.

I certainly understand that there may well just not be any interest in such an idea, and that most users of Coppermine may have no use for such a feature.  Please take this post mearly as a clarification of what I was presenting.  I would not wish anyone to take this second post as an insistance to this request -- you have an excellent piece of software and this is nothing more than a gentle presentation of an idea.

phrode

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 12:35:42 pm »

Like first described in this post. Are there any addons for the feature yet?
I have tried searching the site/forum for it, but I can seem to find anything.

Thankful for all help.

-
atvforumet.no

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 12:40:17 pm »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 05:48:34 pm »

@phrode: this is the "feature requests" board. Quote from the description of this very board:
would you like an additional feature for future versions of coppermine? This is the place to post your feature requests. Please make sure the feature you request isn't already there. Please do not post support requests here.
There's no actual support on this board - you can request a feature, and developers may or may not comment it. There are usually no answers. Please respect board rules.

Joachim

Anvil

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 08:45:26 pm »

Just one change I made. I host music & videos as well, so I changed this code:

Code: [Select]
echo '<tr><td class="tableb">' .$date. ": $number new file".(($number > 1) ? 's' : '')." uploaded into album '<a href=\"thumbnails.php?album={$album_info['aid']}\">$album</a>' by ";
Line 63

Thanks for the mod, it looks good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.