Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is more complex ACL (AccessControlLists) available or planned?  (Read 4489 times)

gosha

• Coppermine newbie
Is more complex ACL (AccessControlLists) available or planned?
« on: September 09, 2004, 05:37:37 pm »

Hi all!

I need to select the soft for gallery to share the photos between friends. The problem is that not everyone wants to show thir photos to everyone. I see that software like COmppermine needs more complecs accell right management, let me explain what I mean:

One varians is when I'm creating album (or category) I should have a possibility to allow access to this album for as many groups as I want and also as many individual users as I want.

And the second variant, I'm creating album (or category) I should have a possibility to permit for each type of an access (e.g. I mean different ACL lists for vew, for uploading, for commenting and rating) to this album for as many groups as I want and also as many individual users as I want.

Is there any additionals that allow this functionality, or maybe this planned for the future releases?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 06:04:12 pm by gosha »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Is more complex ACL (AccessControlLists) available or planned?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 11:18:18 pm »

yes and yes, please search the board.

Joachim

gosha

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 10:57:59 pm »

Dear GauGau, can you please point me to the right place. I looked in the forum but find no topic I need.
Thanks in advance,
gosha.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004, 02:26:52 am »

you can not set coppermine to allow acces for group A and group B, but you could create group C where members of group A nd B are members of. Set permissions acordingly. Real ACLs are indeed not available yet. There are however mods that allow you to set more granular permissions what a user is allowed to see (e.g. allow users of group X to only see thumbs and intermediates, but no full-size pics). Sorry for not stating this more clearly.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.