Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is more complex ACL (AccessControlLists) available or planned?  (Read 4488 times)

gosha

• Coppermine newbie
Is more complex ACL (AccessControlLists) available or planned?
« on: September 09, 2004, 05:37:37 pm »

Hi all!

I need to select the soft for gallery to share the photos between friends. The problem is that not everyone wants to show thir photos to everyone. I see that software like COmppermine needs more complecs accell right management, let me explain what I mean:

One varians is when I'm creating album (or category) I should have a possibility to allow access to this album for as many groups as I want and also as many individual users as I want.

And the second variant, I'm creating album (or category) I should have a possibility to permit for each type of an access (e.g. I mean different ACL lists for vew, for uploading, for commenting and rating) to this album for as many groups as I want and also as many individual users as I want.

Is there any additionals that allow this functionality, or maybe this planned for the future releases?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 06:04:12 pm by gosha »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Is more complex ACL (AccessControlLists) available or planned?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 11:18:18 pm »

yes and yes, please search the board.

Joachim

gosha

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 10:57:59 pm »

Dear GauGau, can you please point me to the right place. I looked in the forum but find no topic I need.
Thanks in advance,
gosha.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2004, 02:26:52 am »

you can not set coppermine to allow acces for group A and group B, but you could create group C where members of group A nd B are members of. Set permissions acordingly. Real ACLs are indeed not available yet. There are however mods that allow you to set more granular permissions what a user is allowed to see (e.g. allow users of group X to only see thumbs and intermediates, but no full-size pics). Sorry for not stating this more clearly.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.