Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with uploading of images - Pls help  (Read 6542 times)

cpnoob

• Coppermine newbie
Problems with uploading of images - Pls help
« on: September 08, 2004, 09:44:13 am »

Hi all,

I'm unable to successfully to upload images to my coppermine gallery. Seems to me like i set the permissions wrongly but i followed the setup instructions. Did i missed something somewhere? Thanks!

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_fcc217b4.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/domain/public_html/username/coppermine/upload.php on line 1197
Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php7SzyYU' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_fcc217b4.jpg' in /home/domain/public_html/username/coppermine/upload.php on line 1197
Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/domain/public_html/username/coppermine/upload.php on line 432
Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/domain/public_html/username/coppermine/upload.php on line 440
Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/.): Permission denied in /home/domain/public_html/username/coppermine/upload.php on line 453
Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/domain/public_html/username/coppermine/upload.php on line 432
Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/domain/public_html/username/coppermine/upload.php on line 440
Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/..): Permission denied in /home/domain/public_html/username/coppermine/upload.php on line 453
Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/WS_FTP.LOG (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/domain/public_html/username/coppermine/upload.php on line 432
Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/WS_FTP.LOG (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/domain/public_html/username/coppermine/upload.php on line 440
Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/WS_FTP.LOG): Permission denied in /home/domain/public_html/username/coppermine/upload.php on line 453

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problems with uploading of images - Pls help
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 10:32:31 am »

yes, you failed to CHMOD the albums dir and everything within it (this means the edit folder as well), so the webserver has read/write/execute permissions. If there's no folder named "edit" within your albums folder, create it, CHMOD it and try again.

Joachim

alan2525

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 06:08:19 pm »

I was happily uploading photos to the gallery and have a registered user who was also using the uploader on the guest account. Then once the user had exceeded their disk quote 1024Kb. I incresed this for their user group and ever since I have recieved the following errors...

Any help would be appreciated!

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/bfbf40k/public_html/cpg132/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/bfbf40k/public_html/cpg132/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/.): Permission denied in /home/bfbf40k/public_html/cpg132/upload.php on line 453

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/bfbf40k/public_html/cpg132/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/bfbf40k/public_html/cpg132/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/..): Permission denied in /home/bfbf40k/public_html/cpg132/upload.php on line 453

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 06:11:33 pm »

Take a look at every directory in /albums - verify edit exists and verify all directories' permissions are set at 777.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

kesm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 02:46:41 pm »

hello,

i have the same problem after increase the user group capacity i hava an error.
I look my edit folder and it is at 666 when i try to change it i have this error :
Request denied.
Verify that the file or folder exists and that you have the necessary permissions on the server to perform the requested operation

and it exist and i have permissions because i'm the webmaster!

could you help me?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 07:10:51 pm »

Try changing the folder name, then make a new edit folder, with the correct permissions.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

dahak

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 09:51:28 pm »

I started having this exact problem last night.  I was happily uploading images and all of a sudden, it gives me that error.  The edit directory is set at 666.  When I try to change it to 777, it says I don't have permission to change it even though I'm using the administrator account.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 12:21:38 pm »

do as Casper suggested only one posting above yours...

Joachim

kesm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 03:37:16 pm »

okay for the solution but there is a problem with the old folder "edit": i can't do any operations on it like open it or delete it so i can't have to folder nammed "edit"

tabaluga

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 01:16:02 pm »

thanks casper.
had the same problem and renaming 'edit' and creating a new edit with 777 did the trick.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 01:48:12 pm »

To prevent this happening again, open your include/picmgmt.inc.php file, and find '0666'.

Change it to '0777'.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

nogobyhall

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 05:03:30 am »

Every few weeks, this error happens to me and I have to manually change permissions on the edit folder to 0755 (from 0666) to get my gallery working again. I'm looking at Casper's suggestion of editing the picmgmt.inc.php file. Are there any other potential problems I could be running in to if I do edit it (and if that is the answer, how come the file hasn't been fixed already)?  ???

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 05:09:37 am »

Did you look in Config? What are the settings for "Default mode for directories"?

nogobyhall

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 05:22:46 am »

Default mode for directories  0755
Default mode for files  0644

flipped cracker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 07:34:25 pm »

To prevent this happening again, open your include/picmgmt.inc.php file, and find '0666'.

Change it to '0777'.
finally a decent answer. i searched and searched the forums and the only answer i kept seeing was "Search". i realize how much it sucks to answer the same question more than once, but it would help to have a decent faq with this specific question in it since
Quote from: GauGau
this has been asked a million times over

anyway, thanks Casper.

shiv_379

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2005, 03:00:54 pm »

I too have had this problem unexpectedly. I have a number of users on my gallery and everyone has been able to upload images quite happily until suddenly this has happened.

What exactly causes this?

I will try the solutions suggested above.
~Shiv

nogobyhall

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2005, 06:30:34 am »

Let us know how you get on after editing that file - I've held off because I'm puzzled as to why that file needs changing and concerned that editing it could open up other problems. There must be a reason it is set to 0666...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.