Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Make My Own Theme  (Read 8787 times)

Lola

• Coppermine newbie
How To Make My Own Theme
« on: September 06, 2004, 02:30:57 am »

I'm new to using the gallrey and I was wondering how to make my own theme.

Please help me.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 08:23:02 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How To Make My Own Theme
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 05:33:24 am »

Copy the contents of the classic folder within your theme folder in coppermine, label it "mytheme", use a plain-text editor to edit theme.php and template.html, find every reference to "classic" (search and replace) and replace it with "mytheme". Then you can re-order the stuff in template.html, using plain html. You just have to bear in mind that the stuff in curly braces represents bits of coppermine (they are being replaced when the theme is being parsed. To preview your changes (without showing them to the public), just upload your new folder "mytheme" to your webserver and add theme=mytheme to the url in the address bar, so the url looks like this: http://mysite.tld/my_coppermine_folder/?theme=mytheme
To change the colors of your custom theme, edit style.css (to find out what css class controls what part of your theme, take a look at the styleguide theme).

Joachim

ebonyhunter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 10:16:39 pm »

I think Lola is asking the same thing I am.  I want to have my own background and put a logo on the page.  Are these instructions the ones for how to do that?  And could you explain each step a litle better.  For example, whenyou say "copy the classic in your theme foler", I dont know how to do that either.  Get very basic, please.  Dont assume any knowledge whatsoever and remember that the person you're explaining this to knows nothing at all.  Thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 10:34:38 pm »

I want to have my own background and put a logo on the page.
Edit themes/classic/template.html with a plain-text editor (notepad is fine). Do not touch the stuff in curly braces. Edit everything else as you like (it's all plain html). If you need a background image, add the property to the <body> section.
Add a custom logo similarly. Please understand that there won't be a basic html tutorial: someone running a webiste should know at least a bit html. For details, post a link to your page.
Although it would be nice to have a more in-detail tutorial, you have to understand that it takes a lot of time to create newbie tutorials. I'm reluctant to do yet another one, as there already are a lot all over the internet that explain html nicely. Imo my time is better spent adding new features to future coppermine versions.

Joachim

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 10:37:47 pm »

This site has a lot of good tutorials. http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

Start with HTML. If you want to get fancy, learn CSS.

ebonyhunter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 06:59:22 am »

Okay.  Got most of this accomplished.  But I cant find the "Random Files"  or "Last Additions" section anywhere in the HTML text.  I'd like to change the header and body colors of this section, which are a teal and white in Classic, but dont really match my theme.  Cant find it anywhere in the HTML text.  Any suggestions?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 07:06:58 am »

Those settings won't be in the html file.

Here's a hint when trying to edit styles.

Look at the page in the browser. Get the source code under the View menu. Look for the word, e.g., Random Files, that is near the area you want to edit. Look for class="class_name", class_name just being an example. That will tell you what to look for (class_name) in the style.css file in the theme folder. Specifically, Random Files is formatted with class="tableh1". So you would look for tableh1.

Now, that's why I suggested learning CSS. :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 07:15:47 am by TranzNDance »

ebonyhunter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2004, 07:18:14 am »

Is it ipossible to change these two elements without learning CSS.  My brain is tired.

ebonyhunter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2004, 08:08:05 am »

Okay.  One last small problem.  When I changed the background color to black, all the original body copy that was in black in Classic has "disappeared".  Where is the code located to re-code this to a readable color?

ebonyhunter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2004, 08:19:01 am »

Specifically, it just the copy (the boxed borders are there) for the Administrator Keys at the top of the page that are missing.  I've got everything else.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2004, 09:24:38 am »

post a link to your site, I don't understand what you mean.

Joachim

ebonyhunter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2004, 09:47:34 am »

That won't work.  You have to be logged in as the administrator to see what I'm talking about.  When you are logged in as the administrator, there are a series of administrator buttons such as "config" "albums" "upload approval"  etc.  In Classic, this copy (but not the border around it) is black.  When I changed my background to black, I cant see the copy in those buttons.

ebonyhunter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2004, 10:25:57 am »

I think its the admin menu buttons, but when I look at css in Notepad, I cant tell which one is for the type on the buttons.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2004, 12:39:49 pm »

trust me, I don't need to be logged in as admin into your site to see your stylesheet. Why don't you do as I suggested and post the link?

Joachim

ebonyhunter

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2004, 07:49:53 pm »

Found it by trial and error.  Thanks for your help.  Where and how do I change the album list view?  I'd like to have the albums come up by alphabetic order.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2004, 07:56:32 pm »

One question per thread please.
This has been asked many times, please search.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.