Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for right HACK  (Read 5254 times)

Joran

• Coppermine newbie
Looking for right HACK
« on: September 05, 2004, 10:48:33 pm »

I have on my site www.maaswinkel.tv  Coppermine 1.3.0 on my blog I like to intergrate random thumbnails form my gallery.
No I've found on http://gaugau.de/download/index.htm?action=category&id=3 the SSI.php 1.4 version. When I intergrate that into my frontpage I get an error:
Code: [Select]
Coppermine critical error: Unable to connect to database ! MySQL said: Access denied for user:Can somebody tell me how I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jöran

skybax

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • SKYBAX Communications
Re: Looking for right HACK
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 11:23:58 pm »

The error message means you either don't have the right username/password combo or it's not allowing you access for that particular username/password - make sure you have access to the database with the provided username/password, and that the username is allowed to perform the desired functions with the database

-T
(http://www.skybax.com/hotImage/post_footer.gif)
Don't contact me for support over PM or email unless I requested you to do so. Instead: post on the proper board.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 05:39:34 am »

the link you're refering to is very outdated (will have to remove it), take a look at the thread that deals with the mod, and use the "official" resources for downloads: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=5921.0

Joachim

Joran

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 12:05:23 pm »

Thanks but do I need to add my database username and password in the SSI.php file or somewhere else?

By the way my photo gallery is on a different subdomain.

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user: 'database name' (Using password: NO)
This is an example of the usage of ssi.php
This is how to ouput a table containing the thumbnails linking to the most recent pics:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: cpg_thumb() in /data/members/paid/m/a/maaswinkel.tv/htdocs/test/example.php on line 42

this is line 42 in the example.php file
print cpg_thumb($cpg_include_link,$cpg_link_singlepic,$cpg_how_many,$cgp_limit_album,$cpg_random);
So I guess the error are no access to mySQL and thumbnail???

I hove looked also to the other issues that where posted but there is nothing that has to do with database error :-(
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 01:32:21 pm by Joran »

skybax

• VIP
    • SKYBAX Communications
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 02:12:55 pm »

Just personally I would recommend you use the rss mod for including random files - that way you can call it from a different domain without a problem, because the file is actually running from your coppermine folder that accesses the database. It might make your life simplier in the mod you're looking for.

-T
Don't contact me for support over PM or email unless I requested you to do so. Instead: post on the proper board.

Joran

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 02:21:46 pm »

Okay good option but where do I find the rss mod. In other word how do I set it up.

Thanks for you help  ;)

skybax

• VIP
    • SKYBAX Communications
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 02:27:20 pm »

Okay good option but where do I find the rss mod. In other word how do I set it up.

Thanks for you help  ;)

Get RSS Feeds from Coppermine now!. Hope this helps

-T

Joran

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 02:41:31 pm »

Right, I got the file and now? :-)
I change line 27 and 28, upload the file on my photo domain or to my www domain? And how do I add the random pictures to my frontpage?

I probably need to insert some code?

Sorry for this questions but I'm not a great expert in this like you guys :-)

Thanks for you help.

skybax

• VIP
    • SKYBAX Communications
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 03:03:26 pm »

well you need to upload a rss parsing script as well - it's mentioned in the post, to your coppermine folder - so then you call your rss.php file from your other domain - and after setting up the parameters of the rss file it will display the pictures. Read the whole post for info on how to setup the rss script

-T

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 07:11:45 am »

@Joran: RTFM! You didn't bother to read the instructions for ssi.php, now you don't read those from the RSS feed mod. Come back here after you have read the instructions and the thread that deals with the RSS feeds and you have still open questions. Thanks.

Joachim

Joran

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 08:59:01 am »

Thanks for your positive answer Joachim but we not all on the same level of  programming.
Why did you set up this forum? Right to help people? Not to judge them if they do thing that are not correct in your opion.

I did read the stuff, but I thought that there would some where a tutorial that I couldn't find.

But I have found what I was looking for, and that was the main thing :-)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2004, 10:01:04 am »

Actually I set up this board so I could repeat the stuff that can be found elsewhere, and answer questions to people who are to lazy to either read or search; no other reason for me being here.  ::)
There's no secret programming know-how needed to read a manual first, in fact the manuals are being written for those who don't know how to code. Excuse me for not writing tutorials as well, you're welcome to write one and post it here, so others may benefit from the insight you gained.

Joachim

skybax

• VIP
    • SKYBAX Communications
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 04:40:02 am »

[totally off topic] Now if only the real world had such redundancy, my servers would never go down.  ;D

[back on topic] And this is for those of you who don't read the manual. At least consult it if the jank don't work before asking here. And before posting - SEARCH!

Thanks - T 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.