Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linking from phpBB2 Plus 1.52  (Read 5386 times)

uk_martin

• Coppermine frequent poster
Linking from phpBB2 Plus 1.52
« on: August 29, 2004, 01:11:38 pm »

I have Coppermine set up with phpBB2 Plus 1.52 which is available from www.phpbb2.de, it's integrated to some extent (logon / logoff etc), but I really would like to go one stage further.

The "Plus 1.52" version of phpBB has a load of Mods and Hacks built in from the outset, and this includes Smartor's Albums Mod. The Albums Mod then puts an Album Button along with the e-mail, PM ICQ etc buttons in the Forums for users to "see" who is posting. I don't mind users having their albums, but it seems pointless to me having Coppermine already, to have another album in phpBB.

Would it be possible for people who press MY BUTTON ONLY, to "hijack" the instruction to open an album, and to open the Coppermine Gallery instead? (All other users stll sticking to the phpBB Album)?

If it means changing code or hacking into the database, I don't mind, as long as I have an idea of what to do.

Thanks in advance

Martin

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Linking from phpBB2 Plus 1.52
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 01:29:17 pm »

are you requesting suppor for coppermine code, or for a mod that has done by someone and added to some package coppermine devs don't know? If software X (not coppermine) has got feature Y (that does something with coppermine), there's little advice I could possible give...

Joachim

uk_martin

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 06:54:48 pm »

It's probably most accurately described as a database call.

As I have phpBB installed into the Coppermine database, to facilitiate the bridging, what I think I might need a way in which the Coppermine database can be accessed from a call made from phpBB.

I realise that as a Coppermine developer, you might say it's a phpBB thing, and I can see the phpBB guys saying its a Coppermine thing, but to me it's a PHP script accessing a mySQL database thing, and I don't mind who helps, if help can be given please.

It's all open source, so I hope it's not like patents, copyright or anything is being broken. Maybe if a solution is found, it can be shared around, as i'm sure that users like me would prefer a "common sense" streamllined solution rather than a duplication of effort and resources.

Thanks again for your attention to this matter

Martin

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 08:14:35 pm »

Sounds like you need to do some tweaking to that album mod you are talking about.  You'll have to write some code that will check the phpbb usename against your Coppermine user table, and if it finds a match then check for a gallery that belongs to that user and put that link under the member's name.

I think it's just a matter of changing the code to look against Coppermine's tables instead of whatever tables the mod looks at now.

I'm not volunteering for the job, mind you. Now, if you were to switch over to SMF, that might be something I'd look into doing.   ;)
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

uk_martin

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 08:32:01 pm »

Thanks, I had a feeling it may be a database thing, and while I might be able to write a prayer for devine assistance, writing php code is something I can't do. I'm a graphics sort of person, not a coder. ::) :-[ >:(

What's SMF?  ???

Martin

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 11:02:29 pm »

Look down.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

uk_martin

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 12:50:37 am »

Look down.
:o Sorry, it's been a long day!  ::)
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.