Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch add pictures directory  (Read 4334 times)

unspoken

batch add pictures directory
« on: September 05, 2004, 05:55:04 am »

i was wondering. when your using the batch add files after the photos are inserted into their albums...is there any way to clear the list of pictures that have been added without messing anything up?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: batch add pictures directory
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 09:42:33 am »

no, as the pics keep in the directory you uploaded them to - coppermine will not move them around. If you delete the folder you uploaded the pics to, they will be gone, and only broken links will remain on your gallery page. You're recommended to mirror the structure of your categories and albums inside the albums folders you ftp-upload to (not a must though, only a recommendation).

Joachim

Paulo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 10:44:04 pm »

no, as the pics keep in the directory you uploaded them to - coppermine will not move them around. If you delete the folder you uploaded the pics to, they will be gone, and only broken links will remain on your gallery page. You're recommended to mirror the structure of your categories and albums inside the albums folders you ftp-upload to (not a must though, only a recommendation).

Joachim

A Newbie here again, are you saying that I should have duplicates of everything on the sever. Could you refer me to instructions for clearification and direction here. This is totally not something that I am familiar with. Thanks so much, Paulo

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 10:55:20 pm »

There are no duplicates. The pics stay where you uploaded them, simple as that.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 11:03:43 pm »

Just to make clear.

You upload into a folder you first create in the albums folder.  Your users, when they upload, have their pics automatically put in the userpics folder (you must leave this alone).

When coppermine adds the pics, thumbnails, and intermediate sized pics if required, are created by coppermine, in the same folder.  It then tells the database where on the folder these pics are, and which album etc they are allocated to.  The pics are never moved.  If you change the album,it is only the database that is updated, so they display where you want them.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.