Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show 'moving' panorama's  (Read 3203 times)

Paranoid

• Coppermine newbie
Show 'moving' panorama's
« on: February 23, 2005, 10:14:46 am »

Hi,

Would it be possible to add an option to Coppermine that makes it more usefull for the panorama makers under the Coppermine users?
I'm no programmer, but this is what I was thinking of to let Coppermine show panorama's with the use of a Java viewer:

When you have uploaded a picture you input the album name, picture description etc. and set a 'panorama' flag if it's a panorama.
There is more information needed to show the panorama in an applet later on. This information (Applet name, Width and Height and some optional parameters) could be set in the main config of Coppermine, or on a per picture base. This would make it more flexible because you can determine the size of each picture as you feel it should be for this picture.

When a visitor clicks the thumbnail of a panorama, Coppermine will react to the 'panorama' flag by calling the defined applet with the parameters given and shows the panorama in a separate window like the normal full size pictures are shown.

The applet I am thinking of using is PTviewer but there are a lot of different ones. An example of PTviewer in action can be found here http://www.360texas.com/tips/rd/palace/

I know that you are not to positive about integrating Java into Coppermine, but there are people out here who would really like this enhancement.

Regards,

Edwin.

spuri

• Coppermine novice
Re: Show 'moving' panorama's
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 10:47:49 pm »

I agree that would be really great  ;)
Panorama B or other free solution would be good to be included
panoramaB link http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:09MA1MNozo0J:www.comweb.nl/java/panoraB/panorama_b_instruction_file.htm+rvdb+panorama&hl=en
"What is the difference between genius and stupidity? Genius has limits." Albert Einstein.

Tossy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 11:04:53 pm »

Hi, it would be great, if somebody make it real.
Regards, Tossy

spuri

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 11:30:24 am »

could this be Scheduled for cpg1.5.x ?
"What is the difference between genius and stupidity? Genius has limits." Albert Einstein.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 08:27:57 pm »

Could it be made as a plug-in for 1.4?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.