Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing a SINGLE Album - is it possible?  (Read 18693 times)

GregM

• Coppermine newbie
Sharing a SINGLE Album - is it possible?
« on: September 02, 2004, 08:03:33 pm »

Hello,

I am brand new to Coppermine, and am loving it so far.  THIS is what I have been looking for! 
I have a simple (I hope) question.  Is it possible to share out a single album?  For example, I have my gallery with three albums, but I only want to share one out from a certain webpage.  Can I make it so that people can only see the one album and not the other two, without having them log in?

Also, is there a way to link an album from a webpage.  For example, something like YourPage.com/Album1/ OR YourPage.com/Album1.htms  and, when you go there, have a specific album come up?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Greg

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Sharing a SINGLE Album - is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 08:15:25 pm »

You can make any album invisible to users at any level.  What you ask is easy, just logon, admin mode/config/users can have private albums, set to YES.  Also, select 'show private album icon' to NO.

Now, open each albums properties box, and you will see the 'album can be viewed by' selection.  Just select who you want to see the album (by group).

To see the url for the album, just open it, and copy the address, which will be something like;
http://www.yoursite.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=65

Using that will link directly to the album page.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

mtrinanes

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 02:29:29 pm »

I have a similar question... but different. I have created an album that I want to protect with a password. I have created it and I have selected the options (public) and password. I have added the password and I have saved the changes. The option of who can see the content changes to "Just me" but, for what I have read, this shouldn't be a problem and it is normal when you set a password for an album. The problem comes when I log off. I have checked the page as a "guest" or "unregistered" user and I can't see the album and, therefore, I can't use the password. It seems the album is not visible. I have checked everywhere but I can't find a way to make the album appear on the page and have the option to see its content with the password.
Could you help me with this?
Thanks.
Marisa

andy-v72

• Coppermine newbie
    • Real-life Females  Superlative Сasual Dating
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 07:25:13 am »

To share out a single album without having people log in, you can set the album's privacy settings to "public." This way, anyone with the direct link to that album will be able to view it, while the others remain private. Just go to the album's settings and adjust the privacy options accordingly.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.