Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: display category like an album  (Read 4014 times)

ks

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
display category like an album
« on: September 02, 2004, 12:46:21 pm »

Hi,

maybe I'm dump  ??? ??? ??? .....
If I click on an album I get thumbs of the images contained in the album + random files and updated thumbs. I can change the sort order and have the option to go the next pages if there are any. When I click on a catgeory, I get only the random files and last updated thumbnails. Is there a way to display the images in a category in the same way as with an album???

sorry if I missed a major point here or maybe my gallery is screwed up.

klaus

Nibbler

Re: display category like an album
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 08:31:50 pm »

There are no images in a category, they can only be in albums. Categories contain albums and albums contain pics.

ks

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 09:05:24 pm »

There are no images in a category, they can only be in albums. Categories contain albums and albums contain pics.

if categories contain albums, and albums contain pics, then categories also contain pics  ::) ::)

a query like this:

SELECT pictures.pid FROM albums,pictures WHERE album.category=3 AND pictures.aid=albums.aid

should return such a result.

I know now, it is not implemented that way in the cpg 'frontend'. I was thinking I made some kind of mistake.  My initial idea was to create for each album a category with the same name. Then build a tree view with the categories and hide the album view alltogether. I was erronously expecting that if I select the category I will get a regular thumbnail view for the images that belong to that category.

So I may rephrase my original question and ask how to hack cpg to achieve what I want?  So what I basically want is the output of the thumbails.php:

/thumbnails.php?album=17&page=1&sort=nd (for example)

should be included in a category page like this.

/index.php?cat=15

In this example the album 17 would be in the category 15. I hope this is not too confusing to understand. I there a chance to do that or should I better look for a workaround?

cheers

klaus

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 09:44:46 pm »

you should have 1 pic for each album.  Check you have 'alblist' in the 'contents of main page' in config.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 12:07:01 am »

Klaus,

Nibbler is right, categories can not contain pics. The url (not query) you posted contains reference to an album for a valid reason. Your request is just wihsfull thinking, we have been considering nested albums (which would equal categories that contain pics), but this can not be done easily, so there won't be a simplae hack imo.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.