Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ip ban  (Read 5633 times)

susie

• Coppermine newbie
ip ban
« on: September 02, 2004, 12:47:32 am »

hi there

is it possible to ban a range of IP's in coppermine, if a person is on dial up? i tried using the wildcard to see if that would work but ive no idea.

can someone help me please?

thanks

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: ip ban
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 02:26:20 am »

The best way to ban ip addresses is to create a file called .htaccess and put your ip banning in there.  A good place for info on this is over at http://www.cpgnuke.com.  It's a site dedicated to the CPG-Nuke CMS, but a big part of their security is using htaccess files.  You should find all the info you need on how to make one, what should be in it, and where it should go.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 07:51:44 am »

banning a whole IP address range of an ISP will lock out all other users who dial up with this particular ISP - I guess you already understood that. IP address banning isn't worth anything nowadays imo.

Joachim

drewby

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 04:23:05 am »

>:(

Hi,

I have one guy that has Cable, and the same IP number all the time and I still can't Bann him.. he is still able to upload pix...

Any suggestions??

Take Care,
Drewby  :D

drewby

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 05:17:30 am »

>:(

Hi,

I have one guy that has Cable, and the same IP number all the time and I still can't Bann him.. he is still able to upload pix...

Any suggestions??

Take Care,
Drewby  :D

Hi Again,

Problem solved, there was a space in the Ban Number.  Also, sorry looks like I used the wrong Forum to post in.. 

Thanks
Drewby ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.