Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine Linkbase?  (Read 3662 times)

Matthias Heil

• Coppermine newbie
  • Stay on firm ground and keep watching the stars...
    • MatthiasHeil.de
Coppermine Linkbase?
« on: September 02, 2004, 12:40:37 am »

I hope I haven't missed something in this forum, so please forgive if this has been asked before:

Is it possible to use Coppermine for a Link/Favorites-Collection?

I guess it would be thrilling to have the comment, voting and "eCard" (more of a "send to a friend" thingie) functions for links, as well.

Maybe it would even be possible to transfer the slideshow to a (fullscreen?) website-show function?

The index page of a link-collection would look best if you had a text-only listing display (IYKWIM), icons would be lovely though (how about automatically generated thumbnails like the ones in girafa?)...

I don't dare asking for an "upload IE/Firefox favorites" option...

Can't wait for your comments - I guess that might be a nice step forward for Coppermine?!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 08:18:39 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine Linkbase?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 08:18:14 am »

Coppermine can be what you make out of it, but I guess the core code won't be changed to make coppermine a link manager. You're of course free to post any hacks you come up with, but I doubt the current dev team will look into things like "importing IE favorites" etc.
Sort of "request turned down" post, sorry.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.