Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: steps necessary to integrate 1.2.x into phpnuke  (Read 7080 times)

rustskull

• Coppermine newbie
steps necessary to integrate 1.2.x into phpnuke
« on: October 24, 2003, 10:16:06 pm »

I'm relatively new to phpnuke, but I can hack code fairly well.  I'm also relatively new to php, but it seems to work a lot like c++ (which I'm pretty familiar with) and java (have some familiarity with), so maybe I can do something myself.  I've been using phpmyadmin for a while, so I can get around fairly decently in that environment as well.

if it's mostly a case of making sure that things are changed to reference a "nuke_" prefix on the table items and not writing over existing stuff like user info, I'm willing to pick through the files and do the drudgery part...?  vi and I are old buddies...

If there's some information somewhere else on how this is done, I apologize for spending your time and ask for a pointer to the source(s) of info, for self-study.

Thanks

-rust

EDIT
Forgot to mention that I'm using phpnuke 6.9.

DJMaze

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • Dragonfly CMS
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 03:22:30 am »

Well there are to much steps to take.

At the moment we ARE Developing a full integration of CPG 1.2 into phpNuke 6.5 and above.

It's not finnished but you can download our latest development from the CVS pages.
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=89658

Also the themes are completely different then from standalone 1.2 so only the Default theme will work at the moment. Which is a fully integrated in phpNuke theme.
At the moment:
GTroll is adding new features
Kegobeer working on a update script
and i'm working on the themes and bugs.

PHP is indeed almost the same as C but there are some important differents. Please become familiar with global and static vars and commmands. www.php.net is the place to be.
And get a php editor.

Contact GTroll if you want to help us in the development.
There are 2 kinds of users in this world: satisfied and complainers.
Why do we never hear something from the satisfied users?
http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/index.php?topic=24315.0

rustskull

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 07:35:37 pm »

I'm still learning about PHP via ulterior motives for my Lego Robotics team.  We started late and to facilitate communication in off days, I'm having them coordinate through a site (my first experience ever with a CMS) and they're starting to make sketches when they're thinking about things so I need to add viewing capability cleanly to the site.  I already have another gallery on my site elsewhere, but I want it to be just for them and the other is a standalone PHP gallery app.  

long story about my current committment and interest:

I'm switching hosts.  It's been real difficult for reasons, mostly common limitations of using hosting services, beyond my control to get the site moved cleanly and keep everything intact (I built it there instead of maintaining it at home and updating files remotely, which would solve the problem).  

So I'm starting fresh with a home-maintainable version and I'm going to run a changelog so I know what I did and just the things I need to do to migrate.  My limit of available involvement is to do what I need to get stuff done, in hopefully a somewhat structured manner (to make maintaining easy for me).  Right now that's patching and modding a base install so I don't have to do anything on the host but update content.  If the CVS version works with 6.9 in default mode, then it's perfect.  I'd remove access to the themes if there was a checkbox.  Oh wait.  I remember seeing one.  Never mind.

I will keep a changelog starting from the base mods/patches I make (for the kids to read on the site), and include it if anyone wants me to ftp them what I've done.  I'm not doing anything to my base install/updates but keep them current with what I'm doing on the site, because that's going to be part of the maintenence process.  I can't host them myself, nor gurantee that I can support them, sorry ;-)  But I will send a changelog (w/ questions/bugs) and the modified base install to any of the developers (sorry users, just avoiding heartbreak in advance, I don't have the distribution channels to support y'all).

I'm assuming that any of the most recently released or built have *all* current security patches/fixes in place.  If they're not, or something defeats another patch I may have installed there better be an obvious message in one of the config docs (not PHP/HTML files, but text readmes and such).  That's if known, of course.

That's where I'm at and what I can provide in assistance right now.  I'm doing some drudge work and I'm willing to give it away, FWIW.

-rust

PS I personally do not and don't plan to use perl or javascript (when possible to avoid it).  I want to keep it simple and strong.

rustskull

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 08:58:55 pm »

Finished patching/modding with what I've got and uploaded base install to my site. Took a quick peek at CVS, didn't understand it, took a quick peek at CVS docs, and don't have time to learn to use it this instant.  If there's a zipped and ready to go build of the most current CVS version, a pointer to it would be appreciated.  I also need suggestions on geneaology modules, address books, recipe books for slipstreaming.

I'll post changelog of what I did if anyone cares.  I only preapplied 5 things so far, but it's enough to get the site transfer going.  Hopefully the sql dump/upload/import will go without a hitch.  The cool thing about my new host is I get unlimited instead of ONE mysql db, so when I transfer next or have to recover my db are in nice modular form.  I get to keep each phpnuke install under its own subdomain linked to its own directory, so even more modular structure.  Nice...

Thanks

-rust

DJMaze

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • Dragonfly CMS
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2003, 10:00:02 pm »

So actually you want to modify and hack a CPG 1.2 for you phpNuke.

If you have 2 weeks patients we maybe finnished with our CPG 1.2 integration and you may hack it as much as you like 8) and yes it works in Nuke 6.9

But unfortunately we can't give you any support or help to your hacked CPG for Nuke.

If you want to try to get some help with your hacked version you can always try the general forums, not the support forums.
There are 2 kinds of users in this world: satisfied and complainers.
Why do we never hear something from the satisfied users?
http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/index.php?topic=24315.0

rustskull

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 11:54:55 pm »

No.  I didn't want to hack it unless it was going to be simple.  That's not the case, so what I'm after is most recent cvs as long as it is functional with default nuke 6.9.  I've got two unique confirmations that this is so, why I've decided to use the most current cvs code (if I can find an archive set up for the same install process I'd have to go thorugh for the released version, I want to be able to upgrade easily to the release code).  I can update it with the official 1.2 CPG_nuke release later.  I need to set up a place on the team's site where they can view digital photos I'm taking of sketches and things like that from meetings, in between meetings and for reference during meetings (we have access to the school's computer lab during meeting times).  That's it.  I leave everything default unless I'm forced to change it, it keeps it simple.

My current use for the site is strictly as a central repository for Lego Robolab code that we create during meetings and on off hours, team docs, meeting agendas, forum for posting up ideas and info in off hours, and any other team resource we find will be augmented by incorporating into the site.  It's not meant to be used publicly, just for team stuff.

So I'm trying to keep it simple.  I'd rather not set up another install of a standalone php gallery I've been using on the old site, preferring instead to go forward using whatever phpnuke compatible modules I can find.

That's all.  I'm not trying to do anything contrary to what developers are doing, I'm pretty familiar with the open source community.  In fact, I think my archived changelog for what I described earlier will be available as a spreadsheet and a pdf file, due to the slickness of the newest version of openoffice.  I'm maintaining a little preintegrated base install of phpnuke at home, and offered to share it (and submit a few bug reports or questions while I'm at it).  That's all.

No more, no less, nothing out of the ordinary.  Sorry I can't jump into the development stream.  You can't imagine how many people have asked me to join dev teams.  I can't responsibly fully commit to a dev team because I just don't have the time.  But I'm more than willing to send someone anything I've worked on.  That's what it's all about right?

Gotta go update the old site (not gonna repoint the DNS until I've got the new site in place and mysql schema brought over and tested), the kids will be off school soon and I have a bunch of stuff I got to put up for them for Thursday's meeting.  It's looking like to be installing CPG 1.2 the end of this week sometime, and try to have it ready for them to view stuff I'm going to take pictures of at Thursday's meeting over the weekend.

Let me repeat:  

It was just an inquiry, I have absolutely no intention of hacking CPG_nuke 1.2 outside of updating to the newest cvs and release when available.  I will report anything that looks funny or buggy, or ask any questions regarding those versions.  I don't apply raw code hacks.  I only look for complete file replacements or modules that are widely accepted in the phpnuke community.  There's just too much stuff going on in the phpnuke and associated communities for me to keep track of it otherwise.  That's why I put it in 1.2.x support in the first place.  I'm not ever going to run anything but cvs and release versions.  If I find I have to hack something to take care of a critical bug, I'll send the bug description and fix to you guys and wait for cvs to be updated, then replace my current version with the fixed one.  Otherwise, I really don't care how feature-rich it is or how cool it looks, so long as it allows people to look at pictures that I stick up there and keeps working.  Keeping it simple.

Think of me as a well-behaved CPG_nuke 1.2.x alpha/beta tester.  If anything breaks on me, it's probably a fairly critical bug as I'm not going to be pushing the module too hard.

-rust

PS here's an example of what I'm doing.  This should make it clear what I'm up to.  It's really no more complicated than this, and that's the way I want to keep it.

pasted from rust_changelog.txt

All entries are in order of application to base install.  Timestamps are from whatever I have on my box, they may or may not be accurate.  Path is from my storage directory at home, for my own reference.  All archives manipulated with Ultimate Zip v2.7.1.0.

10/29/03
Restored phpnuke/nuke_base_69/PHP-Nuke-6.9.tar.gz 10/13/2003 into phpnuke/nuke_base_69/nuke

Applied phpnuke/nuke_base_69/fix_nuke_bugs/secfix3.zip 10/20/2003 into phpnuke/nuke_base_69/nuke

Applied phpnuke/nuke_base_69/fix_sql_sec/SP-10-9-03.zip 10/20/2003 into phpnuke/nuke_base_69/nuke

Applied phpnuke/nuke_base_69/mod_auth/Approve_Membership2.0-6.9-fix.zip 10/17/03 into phpnuke/nuke_base_69/nuke

Applied phpnuke/nuke_base_69/fix_admin_ug_auth/admin_ug_auth.zip 10/17/03 into phpnuke/nuke_base_69/nuke/html/modules/Forums/admin

Applied phpnuke/nuke_base_69/fix_nuke_sql/69sql.tar 10/13/2003 into phpnuke/nuke_base_69/nuke

tar phpnuke/nuke_base_69/nuke directory and uploaded to blank site

end paste
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.