Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the category list not apears  (Read 5003 times)

ricardom

• Coppermine newbie
the category list not apears
« on: August 30, 2004, 08:24:28 pm »

Hi,

I install the latest Coopermine (1.3.2), create the categories, create a user, upload photos by this user, but it seems there is a bug or something wrong with the Coopermine, the list of categories its not appearing when i try to create albuns, it only permit to create albuns by the user galerie, even when i try to move this albuns to other galeries (with both admin and user accont), the category list not apears.

I try to not permit to user to create albuns in the user galerires, and this time its tellme to choose a category galery, but the list its not showed.

Here the images of the error:
http://gvip.net/album/displayimage.php?pos=-18
http://gvip.net/album/displayimage.php?pos=-19

Some ideas?

Thanks.

Ricardo Macari
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 07:23:03 am by GauGau »

mstralka

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: the category list not apears
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 12:05:34 am »

Did you create an album inside the category?  You have to put an empty album in the category, then upload or move pictures to it.  Also check your group permissions in "Groups".  Also, you can't move a user's album to a public category.
GO IRISH

ricardom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 12:15:24 am »

Did you create an album inside the category?  You have to put an empty album in the category, then upload or move pictures to it.  Also check your group permissions in "Groups".  Also, you can't move a user's album to a public category.

Yes, i create an empty album in at least two categories, but the error is the same, as you can see in the second link in my post, the coopermine dont show the categories, only the User Galery of the user.

BTW, how can i move a users album to the public category?

mstralka

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 12:36:43 am »

1.  You cannot move a user album to a public category.  It's not possible without a MOD (which hasn't been written)
2.  On the album in the public gallery, did you check YES for "Visitors can upload files" (see screenshot)
3.  If you want to upload photos to the public gallery and you are the site admin, try using the Batch Admin tool (read the docs)
4.  If that doesn't work, Private message me with an admin username/password and I'll take a look.
GO IRISH

ricardom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 03:30:05 am »

Im still thinking this is a bug or something that, because the list of categories not appears in any place of the site.

By the way this could be a lot more easy for the user, he could choose the category first and then create the album in that category and start the photos upload. This is the logical course of action in a photo album.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 08:40:02 am »

sure, go ahead and code it this way if you're so smart ;)  Mark has already offered to help you - either you do what he suggests, or you stop complaining >:(!
Others prefer regular users not being able to create stuff, they only want tuser to be able to upload, others want user to upload only to user galleries etc. Coppermine users have different preferences, you have to run with what you get. Running around shouting "bug" is not a very smart idea if you actually look for help, it will make supporters and developers mad at you. Sounds like you either misconfigured your coppermine install, or the feature you're looking for simply isn't there. This is not what you usually call a "bug".

Joachim

mstralka

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 12:51:59 pm »

I logged into his site and created an album in my personal gallery.  I was able to see the Category list just fine.  I also created an album in a public category and didn't see any problems.  I think you need to look at your group permissions and album permissions.  This is not a bug, because it's working for everyone else and we can't duplicate your problem.
GO IRISH

ricardom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 03:01:19 pm »

Sorry man, but i think you guys want to improve your system, my mistake so, that i think i could help you with a simple idea that all the public systems use, at least ALL of them that i try too in the web. Forget them ill try another system. Thank you, keep the good work.

Btw, i install using the Fantastico System im my Cpanel System, of the server i admin, if you say this is misconfigured i can simply delete from my system, or you can complain to Fantastico that there system dont work, feel free to do so.

I feel that maybe want to get surfing, fishing, travel or something that you can relax and maybe come back to a fresh restart.

sure, go ahead and code it this way if you're so smart ;)  Mark has already offered to help you - either you do what he suggests, or you stop complaining >:(!
Others prefer regular users not being able to create stuff, they only want tuser to be able to upload, others want user to upload only to user galleries etc. Coppermine users have different preferences, you have to run with what you get. Running around shouting "bug" is not a very smart idea if you actually look for help, it will make supporters and developers mad at you. Sounds like you either misconfigured your coppermine install, or the feature you're looking for simply isn't there. This is not what you usually call a "bug".

Joachim

ricardom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 03:03:47 pm »

Im still can not see that, what brownser are you using?
Im using Mozilla Firefox in Suse Linux, and this list of category not appears when a try to creat a new album.

btw, thanks for your help. :)

I logged into his site and created an album in my personal gallery.  I was able to see the Category list just fine.  I also created an album in a public category and didn't see any problems.  I think you need to look at your group permissions and album permissions.  This is not a bug, because it's working for everyone else and we can't duplicate your problem.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2004, 03:07:12 pm »

The Fantastico System isn't recommended or supported by the dev team.  It's not an official release, so problems like the one you seem to be having should be addressed to them.  You can always upload the official version to your website instead of using Fantastico - you'd probably have better results that way anyway.

Search through the forums for more info on Fantastico.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

ricardom

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2004, 06:32:03 pm »

As i can see the version in the Fantastico is the latest, and works fine, the only minor problem is this with the dropdown menu of the public categories, and i noted that is not a bug, its only how the system works, as i can see the users dont have the rights to create an album in the publics categories, only the admin can, but this seems ilogical, so why call Public Categories if the public (users) cant make albuns only upload photos? As long i can understand the coopermine this is what i saw. :/

The Fantastico System isn't recommended or supported by the dev team.  It's not an official release, so problems like the one you seem to be having should be addressed to them.  You can always upload the official version to your website instead of using Fantastico - you'd probably have better results that way anyway.

Search through the forums for more info on Fantastico.

mstralka

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 12:45:41 am »

We can flag this thread as solved - I communicated with Ricardo over PM and explained that "Public Categories" means that anyone can view the contents of these albums.  I also explained that a user can view another user's albums, unless they are private.  Granting upload privileges to public albums should be restricted to trusted users.

Mark
GO IRISH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.