Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change background color catgories list dependent on category level  (Read 4427 times)

arcturus

• Coppermine newbie

I have recently downloaded and installed the latest standalone version and I am trying to figure out how to change the background color of the categories listed on the index.php page. i.e. set the background to one color for categories at the root level with no parents, and another color for categories with a parent. I have identified the lines in the classic theme that I am using in style sheet to set table colors and the lines in the theme.php file which set the colors for categories and albums, but do not know how to get the parent data available in the function theme_display_cat_list in theme.php. I am guessing that by making the parent data available, I could change the if/elseif/else structure of this function to check whether category has a parent and color accordingly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[P.S. I have searched the board using many different search phrases, so I am pretty sure this has not been covered before, but apologise in advance if it has.

Shilakadaddy

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Change background color catgories list dependent on category level
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 03:55:24 pm »

Hi,

Can anyone help with this? I have a similar problem, where I wish to display a different title image above the gallery depending on which category the user selects. My search for the answer brought me to this rather old thread...

Anyone know the answer?

Cheers, Chris

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Change background color catgories list dependent on category level
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 05:44:33 pm »

cpg classic theme doesn't make a difference between cat layout and subcat layout. You'd have to rewrite the function and the template
I don't know if another theme's doing that (but I doubt)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.