Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No permission to start install.php  (Read 3070 times)

tobinator

• Coppermine newbie
No permission to start install.php
« on: August 29, 2004, 03:48:42 pm »

Who can help?

I've set the permissions for the folders albums and include. But if I start install.php in the Internet Explorer "403(forbidden)" appears.
Where can I open install.php?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: No permission to start install.php
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 09:53:54 pm »

obviously a permission issue. Coppermine needs read/execute permissions in everything within the coppermine folder, and read/write/execute in "include" and "albums". Make sure there's no .htacces file in place anywhere that hinders the file from being served. This is not a coppermine issue, refer to the apache manual or contact your webhost (depending on: are you self-hosted or webhosted?).

GauGau

Cynthia Blue

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 07:52:29 pm »

I am having this same problem. I've chmoded everything to 777.  If there is an .htaccess file in the way, where would it be? I have the coppermine files stored in a /copper subdir.  Could an .htaccess file in a directory below the coppermine subdir be causing problems?  Are the owner and group also critical?

I'm running SuSe Linux.  Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 02:12:26 pm »

.htaccess files within a folder and above are being taken into account, not below it. The server is yours to run, we can't say where it could possibly be - you can use your OS' built-in search function to scan for .htaccess files that are above your coppermine folder.

Of course owner and group settings have to be configured properly as well - this is usually done by the webserver admin (i.e. your webhost). If you're self-hosted (meaning: you're the server admin), you're in for some reading-up proper server setup - this is not a coppermine issue (as running coppermine implies having a working and properly set up webserver in the first place).

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.