Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Directory Permissions  (Read 3776 times)

edwurster

• Coppermine newbie
Directory Permissions
« on: August 29, 2004, 04:34:32 am »

What should permissions be after you have installed Coppermine, and are running successfully? I'm speaking of the various directories such as: albums, bridge, doc, images, include, lang, sql, themes. Also, should all permissions on php files in the top directory be 644?

I've searched the forum and read the docs, but would like to have a clear direction, as I want to check the various installs I've done, and make them as secure as possible.

Ed

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Directory Permissions
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 12:26:29 pm »

coppermine needs read and execute permissions to all files with the coppermine folder, it needs write permissions to the albums folder and everything within it. How to actually CHMOD depends on your webserver's settings, usually 644 for the coppermine folder and everything within it and 755 for the albums folder and everything within it is the best bet.

Joachim

spikeswife

• Coppermine newbie
  • Romans 1:16
    • Scrapbooking Resource Center
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 10:14:54 pm »

Changing the coppermine directory to 644 made it a forbidden directory for me.  I had to change it back to 755 which was the default setting when it was uploaded.

rostros

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 02:44:58 pm »

Does not really matter really aslong as there not all 777, I know you need the Include Folder and Albums set to 750 or 777 tho.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 07:43:35 pm »

The include folder only needs to be writable during the actual install, after that, it can be the same as the other general folders.
As Gaugau said, the albums folder, and all folders in it, need to be writable by the script, either 755, or 777, depending on server setup.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.