Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ** Fatal error ** appeared when changing the config, please help !  (Read 3833 times)

samuelee

• Coppermine newbie

Dear expert,

When I tried to change the setting in the config, the following error appeared and the operation of coppermine system was stopped  :\'( :

" Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/calbee_photo/include/functions.inc.php on line 1590

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: array_key_exists() in /var/www/html/calbee_photo/include/functions.inc.php on line 1686  "

Please help !

Besides, would you mind telling me how to improve the quality of the uploaded photoes (I've changed the quality value of picture to 100) ? Is there any missing steps ?

Thanks a lot !

Regards,
Samuel

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: ** Fatal error ** appeared when changing the config, please help !
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 06:12:00 pm »

What version of php are you running?  The function array_key_exists was added in php 4.1.0.  Your error message suggests your version of php is earlier than that, and therefore doesn't meet Coppermine minimum requirements.

From the Coppermine documentation:
1. What is required
A web server that supports PHP (the script should work with any version >= 4.1.0)

The quality of the original image isn't changed at all by Coppermine - the setting you're talking about only affects the images Coppermine creates from the original.  If the original is crappy, there's nothing Coppermine can do about it.  And actually you can pretty much leave that setting alone.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

samuelee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 06:47:22 pm »

I am using php-4.0.6 . Do I need to reinstall coppermine system after the php upgrade ?
Besides, the original quality of my photoes are good even thought I view them in full-screen. However, the quality degraded after uploaded to coppermine.  Is it useful to upgrade from GD1 to GD2 ?

Many thanks !

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 06:48:32 pm »

Do I need to reinstall coppermine system after the php upgrade ? - No

Is it useful to upgrade from GD1 to GD2 ? - Yes
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 01:54:51 am »

go for a bundled version of php, it already comes with GD2. GD2 supports true color, GD1 only a reduced color scale - this is why your pics look bad when resized with GD1 - they simply lack color depth. This will improve with GD2 a lot (see http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#GD1vsGD2 ). You have to understand that you can only install a new version of php if the webserver is your to administer. If you actually are the server admin, you should keep your software up to date in the future, especially you need to apply all fixes and patches that fixes security issues.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.