Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shifting pictures ...  (Read 3953 times)

bryan

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.bryanchung.per.sg
Shifting pictures ...
« on: October 24, 2003, 01:14:33 pm »

Hi,

Recently, I thought of re-structuring my folders that contain all my photos. Much to my dismay, I realise there isn't a function that allow us (In the web planel) to create folders in our server then shifing the files. And also, let all the updates of the new directories root be done automatically.

Instead, I had to manually delete the files. Reupload into the new directories I want. Then edit all my pictures again.

Can have this feature?

Bryan

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Shifting pictures ...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 03:50:47 pm »

you won't have to delete the files and re-upload them. You can move each pic from one album to another - use the "edit pics" link next to the album thumbnail (when in admin mode) - you'll notice a dropdown that let's you move each pic.

If you want to move albums from one category to another, click on "properties" next to the album in categories view - there's a dropdown in the modifyalbum screen that shows up that let's you move entire albums.

The folder structure on file level is not being touched (and there are several good reasons for that, please search the board for the discussion on this topic), because the database "knows" where your pics are, no need to mess with it.

GauGau

bryan

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.bryanchung.per.sg
Shifting pictures ...
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2003, 08:52:51 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"

The folder structure on file level is not being touched (and there are several good reasons for that, please search the board for the discussion on this topic), because the database "knows" where your pics are, no need to mess with it.

This was what I wanted  :roll:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.