Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Clips in CM Query  (Read 25000 times)

mid0ri

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Video Clips in CM Query
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2004, 06:15:48 am »

I wonder whether Coppermine can be modified to have support for more than one video format (Real Video, Windows Media, MPEG etc.) for each video title.

I want to be able to upload:
thumb_video.jpg
  video.ram
  video.wmv  (the same video title in two formats)
and to display them using the same thumbnail icon. Under the thumbnail icon, there should be little tiny icons which are automatically displayed to show the kind media files available for viewing.

I understand that we can use BBcode to write external link to the corresponding media files, but it wouldn't be practical when users need to hardcode lots of links, everytime new files are uploaded.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2004, 12:13:12 pm »

such a hack would require fundamental recoding of coppermine in many places, as the current relation thumbnail <-> intermediate <-> full-sized file would have to be broken up / modified. If you really need this, you'll have a lot of coding to do - way too much effort for a "nice to have" feature, if you ask me.

Joachim

Cameo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2004, 11:39:14 am »

Thanks for the code; it was exactly what I was looking for.
I have one additional "wish" which is sort of related to the "video download"-code.
In my online album some visitors want to share Excel- and Word-files.
After implementing the code above I expected those files to be affected as well.
However, they still appear only as an "XLS"- or "DOC"-icon and there is no "click here to download"-line.

I've been looking into the code and it looks as if the "document"-variable is the one that determines if a picture
is shown or a file is downloaded. Am I correct? Does anybody have a suggestion what to do to enable
non-video/non-picture files to be downloaded?

Thanks in advance,
Cameo

mid0ri

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2004, 05:35:47 am »

Thanks for your insight Dear Joachim. I would appreciate if you would consider this as a feature addition request. I'm sorry, I must have been dreaming, but I'm afraid the following feature has become a "must-have"  feature for some people.

- Support for download/play different kinds of media types.
For example: everytime the same video titles in different formats are uploaded, Coppermine shows only one thumbnail for all video files:
  videotitle.ram
  videotitle.wmv
  videotitle.mov
All those files share the same thumbnail: thumb_videotitle.jpg

There should also an option at the control panel, whether to "play" or to "download" files. If the "play" option is checked, beneath the thumbnail there should be corresponding text/buttons/icons for the media types available ("Play Real Video," "Play Windows Media," "Play Quicktime"). Consequently, if the "download" option is checked,  the corresponding "Download Real Video", "Download QuickTime" text/icons should appear beneath the thumbnail.

This feature should also works with audio files in different formats. For regular pictures which only have full-size JPG/GIF/PNG pictures, (as an option) "download full-size image" should appear beneath the thumbnails.

For users who use Coppermine only to display pictures and need no multimedia capability, this feature can be turned off from the control panel.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2004, 06:56:40 am »

For example: everytime the same video titles in different formats are uploaded, Coppermine shows only one thumbnail for all video files

1.3.2 comes with a thumbnail for each video type.  If there isn't a custom thumbnail associated with the video, Coppermine looks for and displays a thumbnail for the file type (thumb_wmv.jpg for wmv, thumb_avi.jpg for avi, etc).  The same goes for audio files.

However, since I've never named a video the same thing (with a different filetype) I can't verify the issue you've posted.  I'll have to take a closer look.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

mid0ri

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2004, 02:27:41 pm »

Thanks for your quick response Dear kegobeer.
1.3.2 comes with a thumbnail for each video type.  If there isn't a custom thumbnail associated with the video, Coppermine looks for and displays a thumbnail for the file type (thumb_wmv.jpg for wmv, thumb_avi.jpg for avi, etc).

If one album contains more than 10 video clips and at least there are 2 different kinds of video format for each title, then you will end up with too many thumbnails. It doesn't look good, and confusing for users.

Maybe I should rephrase my feature request to become: I want Coppermine to show only one custom thumbnail for different media files of the same video title.

Dear kegobeer, can you help?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2004, 02:16:56 am »

If one album contains more than 10 video clips and at least there are 2 different kinds of video format for each title, then you will end up with too many thumbnails. It doesn't look good, and confusing for users.

Huh?  Ten files = ten thumbnails, that's the way it works.  Do you somehow get more than one thumbnail for each of your files?   I don't know how anyone would be confused by a thumbnail with a title underneath it.  Perhaps you could post a link to your gallery that has videos in it so I can see what you're talking about.

As for the feature request - I don't see that happening.  That isn't a feature request, it's more like changing the way files are currently handled to the way you want it, which wouldn't benefit the majority of users.  We have to balance a request with the impact it would have on the userbase.  In this case, I don't see any benefits.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

graverhead

• Coppermine newbie
video download link stops at 1.90mb
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2006, 05:03:47 am »

Hello.

I have added the "video download link" mod to my CPG and everytime anyone attempts to download any of the video files, it stops at 1.90mb, no matter how large the file is. What can be done to fix this issue?

All the videos are encoded as WMV v9. The specs can all be seen in the gallery.

My gallery is located at:
Site: www.graverhead.com/gallery
User: guest
Pass: dave

Thanks in advance!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: video download link stops at 1.90mb
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2006, 09:04:36 am »

what mod are you refering to? I suspect you just run into a timeout.

graverhead

• Coppermine newbie
Re: video download link stops at 1.90mb
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2006, 12:48:31 am »

I followed the suggestions in this post:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9367.0

Whenever anyone goes to download any of the video files from my gallery, it just stops at 1.90mb or 1.91mb. It never gets any further than that.

What do you suspect is going on?

If it's just timing out, why does it timeout for everyone?

What can be done to fix it?

Hopefully this is something simple!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2006, 11:19:47 am »

merged you thread with the one you refered to.

graverhead

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2006, 07:08:28 am »

Does anyone have any suggestions or am I just SOL?

Nibbler

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2006, 04:45:25 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.