Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Email registration issue (bug?) and solution after upgrade 1.3.1 -> 1.3.2  (Read 4466 times)

Spirit

• Coppermine newbie

I searched if anyone mentioned this problem so far, but I didn't find anything.

After upgrading from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 the activation-links were suddenly broken, so no new user could register. I found the cause quite fast: 1.3.2 uses the eCard-link for more pictures to build the link insted of detecting the real path as in 1.3.1. In my case this broke the registration as the eCard link doesn't point directly to the gallery.
As the documentation states that the email-link can be different from the gallery url, I'd say this is a bug.

1.3.1:
Code: [Select]
$act_link = "http://" . $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_HOST'] . $PHP_SELF . '?activate=' . $act_key;
1.3.2:
Code: [Select]
$act_link = $CONFIG['ecards_more_pic_target'] . 'register.php?activate=' . $act_key;

P.S.: Sorry for posting in the wrong board - found the child board just a minute after posting this message :-/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 07:22:05 pm by Spirit »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

As the documentation states that the email-link can be different from the gallery url, I'd say this is a bug.
Where did you come across this? I think you mis-read this. In fact, the "Target address for the 'See more pictures' link in e-cards" must (absolutely mandatory) point your coppermine URL (just the folder, not the index file), that's why we will re-label it in the next version of coppermine. The way the activation link used to be in cpg1.3.1 didn't work on some server configs, that's why it was changed. You're free to change this back as it used to be in cpg1.3.1, but you will find out sooner or later that "Target address for the 'See more pictures' link in e-cards" is being used in several places, so I suggest you use it as stated above.

Joachim

P.S. This is defeintely not a bug, but improper use of coppermine.

Spirit

• Coppermine newbie

P.S. This is defeintely not a bug, but improper use of coppermine.
I feared so, but hoped it not to be. I'll have to change it then.

As for your question where I found what I said, just take a look in the online documentation here on the website (ok, I know it's for 1.3.0, but that's where I looked)

Target address for the 'See more pictures' link in e-cards

This is the URL where a user will be directed when he will click on the "See more pictures" link in an e-card. This should normally be the URL for your gallery but it may be the URL of another page of your site.

I suggest if it's mandatory to point the "ecard url" to the gallery-path it should be relabeld in the configuration. It's quite misleading now as its not just for an simple ecard link - also it was mentioned nowhere in the upgrade instructions and it should be included there (and these I looked up in the docs downloaded with 1.3.2). If it's used quite often as path to the gallery then it's important to point this out.

Spirit

• Coppermine newbie

I just made a little test and now I remember, why I changed the ecard-url. The server the gallery is on doesn't use index.php as default so when clicking the link in the ecard email the user get's a 404. This should be fixed easily but I'd still prefer to send ecard recipients to the main page, not directly to the gallery.

So I change from issue to feature request: Seperate urls for ecard-link and gallery path.

P.S.: I'm using Coppermine for only about a two weeks but I'd like to point out that it's really great piece of work. BTW sorry for eventually bad english, but it's not my native language and it's quite late here and I might have had a pint too much so I think it's worse than I think it is though I'm concentrating really hard ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 19 queries.