Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: New CSS based XHTML compliant themes  (Read 112613 times)

cryogenic

• Tester
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • the cynic says...
Re: New CSS based XHTML compliant themes
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2004, 12:40:03 pm »

Just help me out here... where you have duplicate entries in your css... I'm assuming the one farther down in the file is the later addition and the color you intend for the elements to display? I'm a good 35-40% of the way through the file and have removed a fair number of duplicates and whitespace.. it now validates as correct css. Whenever a discrepancy has arisen between an earlier entry and a later entry, I copied the data from the earlier entry to the position of the earlier entry, in most cases... though I did find a few where your earlier entry just plain looked better. I'll post it when I'm done. :)

As a side note, I absolutely love Joe as an editor. It works wonderfully and is easy and quick to use. Also, for those of you out there doing css/html regularly, take note of this page; I find it invaluable! http://www.developingwebs.net/html/hexgen.php

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2004, 12:46:44 pm »

@ lionheart,

just use your editor to replace all instances of '2bornot2b' with 'forest', and make sure the images folder in forest contains all the images in the 2b images folder.  You may want to change some of them, like the tile.gif.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

cryogenic

• Tester
    • the cynic says...
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2004, 01:40:31 pm »

I've noticed that his theme.php in forest has link dependencies to /themes/2bornot2b/images/... I've edited those out of forest so far... as of now, I'm working on the css file, removing duplicates and excess whitespace. Should be done soon. I'm on a windows box, so I'll have to re-package and upload as a zip unless someone has a better plan. :)

@Tarique, when setting the "padding" value the same on all four sides, only a single "padding: 10px" is necessary.. no need for separate padding-left, padding-right, etc. :)

EDIT: All cleaned up to the best of my ability...  However, I've noticed that the top part of the admin menu (My Gallery, Memberlist, User Mode, Upload File) isn't offset to the right at all when it should be... is this the "admin_menu2" class?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 01:46:49 pm by cryogenic »

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2004, 02:03:06 pm »

@Tarique, when setting the "padding" value the same on all four sides, only a single "padding: 10px" is necessary.. no need for separate padding-left, padding-right, etc. :)
Of course I know that - but as I have said this was a very messy CSS - thanks for cleaning up
EDIT: All cleaned up to the best of my ability... However, I've noticed that the top part of the admin menu (My Gallery, Memberlist, User Mode, Upload File) isn't offset to the right at all when it should be... is this the "admin_menu2" class?
Yes that is admin_menu2 class
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

cryogenic

• Tester
    • the cynic says...
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2004, 02:14:37 pm »

Tarique... it APPEARS to be cleaned up... I had to move both of the admin menus and change the "right: ##px" to left: ##px as if you use the "absolute" positioning, you must include both top and left positioning. I'm sure the colors could use some tweaking... here it is in action:
http://cryogenic.doesntexist.org/gallery/index.php?theme=forest and the file in zip format is attatched. I did the best I could :)

EDIT: it was plagued by that stupid empty table bug keeping it from validating xhtml... Played with it a bit, it validates completely now.  (see reply #7 on pg1 for exactly details of what I mean... check your other theme.php files for this as well... it's happened in all of them so far)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 02:39:24 pm by cryogenic »

Rodinou

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Tournicoti, Tournicota
    • http://www.sortons.net
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2004, 02:40:36 pm »

If I finish the tableless version, I have to send you
- css
- template.html
- images
- theme.php

but ... there are some modifications on displayimage.php ...

So ... I'm not really working on a theme, but on a real tableless solution (and if you see : http://www.sortons.net/photos/thumbnails.php?album=950, tableless is easy to custom, and so .. once DONE 1 time, only CSS to change to change the apparence, the layout, the navigation ...)

But I admit : the code is very ... weird (I don't understand really this story between displayimage and theme)

cryogenic

• Tester
    • the cynic says...
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2004, 02:30:50 am »

I tweaked the css a little more to make more of the links match up and whatnot. The breadcrumb hover being black didn't look too good with the dark background, so I changed it to look similar to the other links where it just underlines but keeps the same color. Looks better now. :)
I'm at work, so I haven't updated the zip file as of yet, though you can see it in action @ the link posted above.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2004, 01:37:18 pm »

For those of you using this with the dev version (1.4) you will need to make the following changes to the theme.php, next time you update your install.

Find;

Code: [Select]
<td class="admin_menu"><a href="config.php" title="{CONFIG_LNK}">{CONFIG_LNK}</a></td>
Change to;

<td class="admin_menu"><a href="admin.php" title="{ADMIN_LNK}">{ADMIN_LNK}</a></td>                               

find;

'{CONFIG_LNK}' => $lang_gallery_admin_menu['config_lnk'],

change to;

'{ADMIN_LNK}' => $lang_gallery_admin_menu['admin_lnk'],
find;

'{ADM_MODE_TGT}' => "admin.php?admin_mode=1&referer=$REFERER",

Change to;

'{ADM_MODE_TGT}' => "mode.php?admin_mode=1&referer=$REFERER",
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 12:06:03 pm by Casper »
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

cryogenic

• Tester
    • the cynic says...
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2004, 11:16:33 pm »

what are we supposed to do with that last line of code, Casper? I think you forgot to list what we're supposed to change it to.  :P

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2004, 12:08:22 pm »

DOH,

Added that to the post above, but I also missed this.

Find;
'{USR_MODE_TGT}' => "admin.php?admin_mode=0&referer=$REFERER",
Change to;
'{USR_MODE_TGT}' => "mode.php?admin_mode=0&referer=$REFERER",

cryogenic

• Tester
    • the cynic says...
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2004, 03:58:09 am »

All related to the name change of admin.php to mode.php, it appears. I've not updated as of yet since it doesn't seem to offer any new features. I'll wait until a few more files are updated before I go raiding CVS again :P

pjoern

• Coppermine newbie
    • Danish page about Miskito Indians in Prinzapolka, Nicaragua
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2004, 10:24:48 pm »

I finally decided to try a go with a Coppermine 1.4 installation. Downloaded all the CVS files, installed with Reynolds theme - all went fine. Now, at last, I have a XHTML installation up and running. You'll find a (very preliminary) version at http://xn--gravl-yua.dk/cpg/ (it's in Danish).

There is one problem, however. In admin mode running Gallery Configuration, trying to make som tweaks to the general setup, I get the following error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hsphere/local/home/gravol/xn--gravl-yua.dk/cpg/admin.php on line 640

Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how to correct it?

If this is the wrong forum/thread, please direct me to where I should post my question.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jĝrgen Peter

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2004, 07:05:04 am »

this is the wrong thread indeed - in fact there is no right thread for this question at all: cpg1.4 (the devel version from the cvs) goes unsupported! Absolutely no support means absolutely no support. If you experience issues with it, you will either have to downgrade or fix this on your own. You have to realize that the language files in it still are from cpg1.3.x, I guess this is what is causing that particular error.

Joachim

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2004, 07:25:03 am »

A minor addition to what Gaugau said  - Absolutely no support means absolutely no support from any of the devs - other users of 1.4 CVS are most welcome to put in their suggestions to pjoern.

pjoern

• Coppermine newbie
    • Danish page about Miskito Indians in Prinzapolka, Nicaragua
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2004, 02:40:13 pm »

Hi there,

this is the wrong thread indeed - in fact there is no right thread for this question at all ... [snip] ... You have to realize that the language files in it still are from cpg1.3.x, I guess this is what is causing that particular error.

Joachim

Well, I'm sorry for my inappropiate question. However, your hint directed me in the right direction, and I fixed it with a tweak of the language file. So THANK YOU very much!

Kind regards,
Jĝrgen Peter

cryogenic

• Tester
    • the cynic says...
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2004, 10:01:54 pm »

I had the same problem until I updated to the latest english language file... perhaps you should post what change you made to your language file that way other users of 1.4 can make the appropriate changes. Seems that the english file got updated, but none of the other language files got fixed? I doubt they have a dev that speaks every single language listed, so my guess is that they rely on users such as yourself to assist with translations.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2004, 10:45:58 pm »

you're right to some extent: during development, we only update the english language file. We don't need translations during the development process though, as taking care of them would mean way to much maintenance work. Once we're ready for release, we have a feature freeze and send out the language files to the translators, requesting them to translate. The bottom line is: although we need contributions and appreciate users being willing to help, we don't need language files for the devel version at this stage yet.
I understand your concern and appreciate your willingness to help, but I'd ask you to stop discussion about the devel version on cpg1.3.x threads.

Joachim

Anvil

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2004, 08:48:10 pm »

Question: how do I take Reynold's layout (really slick, imo) and use that for my site?

When I simply upload his files into my directory I get a huge, ugly mess.

Thanks for the help.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2004, 06:58:40 am »

#1 Download Reynolds them
#2 Unzip/untar it
#3 Upload the entire reynolds directory into the themes directory of your coppermine server
#4 From the Coppermine config - select Reynolds as the theme
#5 Enjoy

Anvil

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2004, 04:58:17 am »

#1 Download Reynolds them
#2 Unzip/untar it
#3 Upload the entire reynolds directory into the themes directory of your coppermine server
#4 From the Coppermine config - select Reynolds as the theme
#5 Enjoy
Thank you kindly sir - you can see me here: http://www.madeinbc.ca/anvil/index.php

Anyways, a few more newbie questions:

1) How can I put in a "notes" field at the top, below my title but above my first category? Would be super-cool to have one.
2) Can I edit the menu as to have more options, links to sites that I like, etc? Personalize it a bit?

Thanks again! :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.