Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can not see catmgr.php  (Read 5998 times)

outdoors

• Coppermine newbie
can not see catmgr.php
« on: August 25, 2004, 09:22:41 am »

I am a recent installer of coppermine (its awsome btw!).  I started creating some categories, but now I can not access the catmgr page.  I get the header and admin options, but no fields below that to create new categories or dete them or anything....

Please help!  thanks!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: can not see catmgr.php
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 10:22:54 am »

maybe your file has gotten corrupt - try re-uploading it. If this doesn't help, please post a screenshot of what you get.

GauGau

outdoors

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 11:10:48 am »

I trieds uploading the catmgr.php file as you mentioned, but I can neither see my existing categories or add/edit then.

I am including a screen shot now:

Thanks for your help

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 03:02:47 pm »

Can you change your screenshot to something a little bit larger?  At 200x144 I can't read any of the error text.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

outdoors

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 07:02:05 am »

THere are no error messages provided when I have this problem. simply the title area with the various links (categories, albums, config etc) and the rest of the screen is blank.

I am posting a new screen shot though.

Thanks Guys,

Jon

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 01:01:13 pm »

Can you see it when using a different theme?
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

outdoors

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 04:42:57 am »

Changing my theme does not make a difference.

I was thinking though, would having 73 categories cause dramas? 

Thanks alot!!

Jon

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 06:26:05 am »

I don't think the number of categories is related to this issue. Please post a link.

Joachim

outdoors

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 07:44:40 am »

link is www.outdoor-lover.net/coppermine_dir please pm me or email me for the username and password

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 07:54:54 am »

I guess this will go away once you start adding pics to your gallery. What is the point of adding empty categories in advance? Add them once you need them (when you actually are about to upload files into a category/album). Categories usually are being used to make navigation easier for users visiting your site. In your case, navigation gets harder, as there's nothing to navigate to (yet).

Joachim

outdoors

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 08:16:45 am »

thanks for having a look!

since initially posting this matter I have reinstalled all coppermine files onto my server, except the Album folder, in the hope that this would resolve the matter, which it hasn't. 

Prior to reinstalling, all my categories had been populated with images when the problem started.  As there are so many images I choose not to repopulate the site again in case the same problem occured, which it did.

Thanks,

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2004, 08:24:40 am »

Please PM me an admin logon to your site, together with a link to your site and this thread (for easier reference).

Joachim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2004, 10:04:21 am »

posting a link to a thread just means "copy and paste the url in the address bar of your browser"; in this case, the link is http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9300.0

Joachim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2004, 10:15:43 am »

Looking into your site using the admin logon you sent I could see category manager just fine. I was able to create a test album and upload pics there as well, both using batch-add and http uploads: http://www.outdoor-lover.net/coppermine_dir/thumbnails.php?album=3 (you can savely delete them).
This may be related to your client/browser, try using another browser for a start. If you're on a slow (dial-up) connection, try reducing the html output by displaying less details, using another theme (classic theme is advisable).
I noticed you have improperly set up permissions for the folders within the albums directory, when using batch-add you can clearly see that some of them have write permissions, others don't.
Your server has a response time that is painfully slow, which usually indicates issues with the DNS or the fact that you're self-hosted. This may as well be the reason for pages not loading fully. I recommend accessing your pages over the publicly accessible url instead of http://localhost or similar (if you're self-hosted).
In case you need proof of concept I could of course come up with screenshots, but I guess you trust me when I say that your site works OK for me.

Joachim

outdoors

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2004, 11:37:17 am »

Thanks Joachim,

I have no problems creating new albums, but I want to create some new categories, which is where I am having the problems.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2004, 07:06:39 am »

I understood that very well, that's why I wrote
Looking into your site using the admin logon you sent I could see category manager just fine.
The category manager does work for me, which leads to the conclusion that there's something fishy with your client/browser.
As a proof, see attached screenshot and the category I created: http://www.outdoor-lover.net/coppermine_dir/index.php?cat=80

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.