Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help...I Changed NameServers  (Read 3050 times)

syedali

• Coppermine novice
Help...I Changed NameServers
« on: September 05, 2004, 03:00:28 pm »

Hi,
I just changed my hosting companies without realising that it would effect my cpg. I was thinking that when I upload to new server all my settings, user registrations and photos will remain intact, but I lost everything ! Now I have setup a new database (and now I know why I lost everything) and have installed cpg on it. I was wondering though, if it is possible at all to transfer user registrations and/or photos that I uploaded to previous database (which might still be with my old hosting company). Do I move a specific folder? or a file? Is it even possible to do so or do I have to go through making all the albums and catagories and uploading photos to them all over again. Also what's the best way of dealing with this kinda situation when you change hosting companies.
Thanks

mstralka

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Help...I Changed NameServers
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 04:52:07 pm »

If you have phpMyAdmin on your old server, I would suggest exporting your entire cpg database to an SQL text file.  Then, using phpMyAdmin or cPanel on your new server, create an empty database, and upload the SQL text file to it.  This will duplicate the data you had on your old server onto your new server.

You don't have to recreate the albums.  You will have to download all of the photos in the <coppermine>/albums directory (using an FTP program such as Filezilla) and upload them to the same folders on your new server (make sure you set permissions correctly on the new server).  If  you moved all of your database tables and entries to the new server, your user accounts will transfer just fine.

Best way to deal with this in the future is to copy the database as above, and download your entire CPG directory and then upload it to your new server.

Hope that helps
Mark
GO IRISH

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 08:09:54 pm »

syedali

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 03:18:23 am »

Thanks sooooo much both of you...I'll try that out and if I run in trouble I let you know  :)...thanks again

syedali

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 05:02:23 pm »

Ok I'm back....have a little problem and have tried everything so I decided its time to ask you guys again. Sorry for the trouble but I really can't figure it out myself.
I did what I was told....but i had to do it in different orders than that I was told. I don't have cPanel with my new service and that's kinda throwing me off too...but here's what I did. I created an empty database, and then ran the install file from cpg folder. Before that it won't let me upload anything because i guess the database wasnt in correct format or something. So once the install file ran and everything, I uploaded the SQL text file that I saved from my previous hosting server. I then uploaded the whole album folder (from my previous server), over writting the one that was created on the new server. I saw files being uploaded, it took the right amount of time too...about 4-5 min to upload all the pics. But now I dont see any albums being formed or any pics in the cpg at all. I know the pics are on the server in cpg/album/wpw-20040818 directory but i cant see them in the album ! Do I have to edit any other file??
Also in admin mode when I click Admin Tool I get this on top of the page:
Notice: Constant SILLY_SAFE_MODE already defined in /home/virtual/site34/fst/var/www/html/cpg/include/config.inc.php on line 4
Dont know what that is.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

mstralka

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 05:57:24 pm »

Did you CHMOD the albums, albums/edit, and albums/userpics folders to 777?  If not, or you don't know what I mean, look in the documentation.  If that doesn't help, PM me with a coppermine admin account, URL, FTP username/password, and if available, the admin account username/password to your host's admin tool

Who are you using for hosting?
Is it a Linux/Unix server?
What version of PHP?
What version of mySQL?
GO IRISH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.