Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can coppermine do this ?  (Read 6517 times)

pixelsoul

• Coppermine newbie
Can coppermine do this ?
« on: August 25, 2004, 02:22:16 am »

Ok i have been watching this script and it looks very impressed, I noticed the video upload feature, and I was wondering if it would be possible to do the following with CPG, perhaps with mods/hacks...

Users can upload the small movies, and people can vote for them but they have to load into the same window, so something like one small tv screen and if you would click one of the latest links of movies, or higest rated.. it would load into the screen.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Can coppermine do this ?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 07:44:00 am »

this is already there: users can rate any file (if you let them have this option, to be set in groups manager), and you can design any theme you like - if you want the visible space to be very small, do so. I'm not sure I understzand your question. It sounds to me like you're talking theoretically (without having tested coppermine). Why don't you download the most recent stable package (cpg1.3.2) and give it a try?

GauGau

pixelsoul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 12:08:59 pm »

Yes I know that those are possibillities but is it also possible to load the movies in 1 central area, so it does not look like a gallery, but a set of links and when clicked that the movie will load into the same area ?

pixelsoul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 01:17:02 pm »

Anybody ?  ::)

mstralka

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 01:48:37 pm »

Yes I know that those are possibillities but is it also possible to load the movies in 1 central area, so it does not look like a gallery, but a set of links and when clicked that the movie will load into the same area ?

Do you mean you want users to be able to navigate the site, but when they click a movie it opens in a specific area on the page?  Make a screenshot example - that may help us understand what you're trying to do.
GO IRISH

pixelsoul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 04:24:42 pm »

Yes that is what i mean a simple layout form.. this is just a sketch..  ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]

pixelsoul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2004, 08:16:23 pm »

:-[ is it possible ?

mstralka

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 08:34:04 pm »

Sure it's possible - you could use frames or an iFrame and modify all of the links to open in that frame.  Or, on the displayimage.php, just create the TV frame around the picture.
GO IRISH

pixelsoul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 03:52:05 pm »

Sure it's possible - you could use frames or an iFrame and modify all of the links to open in that frame.  Or, on the displayimage.php, just create the TV frame around the picture.

Great. could you please also explain how to generate a list of links from the category instead of small thumbnails ?
thanks in advance :)

pixelsoul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 01:52:05 pm »

:-[ anybody know how to generate a list of links of last uploaded files by category ?  :\'(

mstralka

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 06:33:54 pm »

:-[ anybody know how to generate a list of links of last uploaded files by category ?  :\'(

1.  Search the board before posting questions that have already been answered (Look in Modifications board, or if you're really lazy, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9540.0)
2.  After searching the board and not finding anything, please post a new topic, don't hijack an existing unrelated thread.

Mark
GO IRISH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.