Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Password protected galleries?  (Read 3798 times)

i772z

• Coppermine newbie
Password protected galleries?
« on: July 13, 2004, 03:14:35 am »

Hello Friends,

I'm planning to install this gallery for my website and I would like to know if this gallery gives option to assign password for certain galleries?

Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Password protected galleries?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 09:12:36 am »

the released versions don't have this feature yet, it's still under development and testing. If you're comfortable with alpha software (that comes without support), you can checkout the devel branch of the cvs. If you don't understand what this means, then the answer is for you: no, coppermine doesn't have password protection.
You can, however, restrict access to certain albums to special member groups (this is possible in the released versions). For details, please take a look at the documentation

GauGau

chieflorenzo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 05:41:25 pm »

I see that you can restrict access to uploading files or posting comments, but I don't see anywhere on the Update Album page where you can restrict particular user groups from actually viewing photos in a particular album, is this something that is currently available?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 06:24:53 pm »

In config, set Users can have private albums to yes and the choice will show up when you edit an album's properties.  If you don't want your users to have a personal gallery, just change the Group permissions (Can have a personal gallery) to no.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.