Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Problems accessing albums in admin mode  (Read 3286 times)

Lumac

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Problems accessing albums in admin mode
« on: August 24, 2004, 09:51:20 pm »

I am running the 1.2.1 version and have encountered a problem. Earlier I have successfully created to albums which show up just fine. However, when I try to move these albums into categories I run into problems.

When I am in admin mode, and looking at the Album list, no albums show up. It only says "2 albums on 1 page(s)", but there are no links or thumbnails to the albums themselves. Underneath the "Random pictures" and "Last additions" thumbnails show up as usual. This does only occur when I am logged in as admin. If i try with an registered user account, I can see the album links.

As far as I understand, the only way to move an album into another category is by accessing them through the admin mode. So what am I doing wrong? I am pretty sure that the albums were listed earlier when I accessed it throuh admin mode.

I tried searching for an answer but couldn't find any relevant information. If this has been brought up earlier, please refer me to that thread.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 07:59:14 am by GauGau »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Problems accessing albums in admin mode
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 10:28:25 pm »

Please post a link.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 10:46:15 pm »

Please do not pm for support, unless asked to do so.

As your gallery is password protected, yes, set up an admin account and pm it to me.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 11:11:31 pm »

OK, your problems are caused by a known bug in version 1.2 that prevented admin seeing certain restricted albums.

I removed the restriction to who can view, so you can see and edit these albums.

This has been fixed, and the easiest way for you to cure this and allow albums to be fully configurable for the admin, upgrade to version 1.3.2.  This is very easy.

Lumac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 11:14:32 pm »

Thank you very much for your help! I will look into upgrading into the newest version. I am a newbie when it comes to these things, and only installed the program by clicking on a link at my webhotel in the first place. But hopefully I can manage to upgrade. :)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 11:22:23 pm »

Upgrading is very easy.  Just download the zip file from the downloads section, then unzip it on your pc.
Make a copy of your include/config.inc.php and include/install.lock files which are on your server.
Then just upload all the new files to replace the old ones, make sure the 2 files above are still in the include folder, if not put the copies there.
Then just browse to www.yoursite.com/copperminefolder/update.php
That's it.

Lumac

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 11:50:27 pm »

The problem seems to be solved after the update. Thanks again for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.