Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album marked as private. Why?  (Read 12532 times)

peakoverload

• Coppermine regular visitor
Album marked as private. Why?
« on: December 04, 2003, 05:23:11 pm »

I'm sure that this is something simple but for the life of me I can't think what. I've tried searching on here but couldnt find anything like this.

Running Nuke 6.9 and Coppermine 1.1D with the security patch applied.

I've created 3 categories.

Category 1 contains 6 albums and has been set so that only I can upload into them but everyone can view them.

Category 2 contains 9 albums which all registered users should be able to upload to. However when I upload a photo to it the photo does enter the album but the thumbnail on the albums description does not show the thumbnail of any photos inside the album but instead says PRIVATE.

I can still enter the album and view the photo inside.

Why is it saying that its private?

Oh and I have the ability for registered users to have their own album switched off and the albums permissions are all set so that visitors can upload, rate and comment.

peakoverload

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 05:43:15 pm »

Okay I've been looking at the online manual http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#cat_alb_pic and it very much sounds like I need to set these albums to be Public ones. However in the manual it says that this can be done by clicking on the Album Properties link whilst in Admin mode. Inside this there is a setting for selecting who can view the gallery. But I dont have that option to setting in my version nor can I find it anywhere else.

Huh? Have I got a dodgy install or something? How can I make those albums public???

DJMaze

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • Dragonfly CMS
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 11:56:35 pm »

login as phpNuke admin and everything should get clearly
There are 2 kinds of users in this world: satisfied and complainers.
Why do we never hear something from the satisfied users?
http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/index.php?topic=24315.0

peakoverload

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 11:38:19 am »

Quote from: "DJMaze"
login as phpNuke admin and everything should get clearly

Thats just the problem, it doesnt  :cry:

I've managed to find out a little bit more but to be honest this has made me more confused.

If I log in as NukeAdmin I can see the thumnails and access my own private albums (private in that anyone can view them but only I can upload to them).

However in the public galleries where any registered member can upload, although I can access the albums the thumbnail on each album shows PRIVATE.

If I log out of NukeAdmin and just use my normal account its the same thing. Both of these accounts were created when I installed Nuke and before I installed Coppermine.

I have now created a 3rd account in Nuke as a general user. Now when I go into Coppermine I can see all albums and categories perfectly okay, exactly as I intended it to work.

So the problem just exists with my Admin/God account and my 'non admin' account. But I have no idea why this should be the case or how to fix it.

DJMaze

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • Dragonfly CMS
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 11:47:36 am »

1.2.0 shall have everything you need
There are 2 kinds of users in this world: satisfied and complainers.
Why do we never hear something from the satisfied users?
http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/index.php?topic=24315.0

peakoverload

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2003, 12:49:12 pm »

Quote from: "DJMaze"
1.2.0 shall have everything you need

Yeah I did try installing thay yesterday but it just produced a load of errors on install so I gave up, at least this version works.

I may try again in a few days if I can find the time to go through it all again.

peakoverload

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2003, 06:48:12 pm »

Fixed it but don't know why it was wrong.

I found that if I went into the properties of one of the 'private' albums and then set the thumnail to be one of the photos, applied the change and then changed the thumbnail back to Last Uploaded and applied the changes again then the album was now correctly dislayed with the correct thumbnail.

Weird!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.