Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: only comment banning, not banning for the whole album  (Read 3610 times)

phoenix4

• Coppermine newbie
  • Ph03nX-4
only comment banning, not banning for the whole album
« on: August 23, 2004, 12:37:56 pm »

hello,

in my photo gallery people can add their comments without registering.
Some people add comments which are offendig to the people on the photo.
I have put a note on the album: if you add too much negative comments, you will be banned.
But, when i ban somebody, he/she can't view any photos anymore.

Is it possible that when i ban somebody, he/she will be able to view pictures, but not able to add comments?

By the way, if i ban somebody, he is banned permanently (i can't choose a date when it expires)

Could somebody help me?

Greets, Phoenix4

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: only comment banning, not banning for the whole album
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 11:00:07 pm »

posting on the feature requests board is not a good idea if you want instant help, as "feature requests" is suppossed to be the place where suggestions for future versions of coppermine should go to. If banning by date doesn't work for you, you're using an outdated version (that's one of the reasons why you're suppossed to post on the proper support board, so we know what version of coppermine you use).
Your initial question: you can't have it all: allowing unregistered users to post comments comes with the disadvantage of users misbehaving anonymously. IP banning won't fix things for you, as most users have dynamic IP addresses assigend by their webhost. In theory, you could modify the coppermine code to let banned users access the pics, but not let them post comments, but this would require re-coding. As I can see little point in your request, I doubt that someone will code this for you - if you need it urgently, you will have to code it yourself.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.