Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: rollback with the "delete original size photos" of the admin function  (Read 4579 times)

MagicFlight

• Coppermine newbie

Hi all,

My test :
I tried the "delete original size photos" of the admin function

My observations :

1)with tihis choice you can not obtain a "full size" photo , because you don't have the possibility to click on it on the photo.

2)but  i note  that actually  the real original files have to be keep in the folder to avoiid an error message. So, the global size of the files is the same on the server before or after this function.

My wish :

I would to roll back with the standard possibility to click on it to enlarge the photo on the screen.

Is there any possibility to parameter "like before"  the modification  ?? and to avoid to reload the photo from scratch ??

PPllleeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee....

thanks ,
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 04:01:51 am by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: rollback with the "delete original size photos" of the admin function
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 02:48:43 pm »

Hi,

Could you please edit your post? It is really difficult to read and understand with spelling and typo errors. If you're not fluent in English, that's understandable, but a lot of the mistakes seem avoidable with some effort. Eventually, it might be possible to figure out what you're trying to say, but it takes extra effort on the part of the reader. Remember to "help the helper," and one way is to make it easy for them to read your post. :)

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 02:51:19 pm »

1)with tihis choice you cannott obtail a "full size" photo , because you don't have the possibility to clic on it on the screen.

- thats the point.

If you use 'delete original size photos' the original files you uploaded are deleted, and the resized version is given the name of the original file. There is no way to get your original pictures back.

MagicFlight

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 03:37:18 pm »

Hi,

Could you please edit your post? It is really difficult to read and understand with spelling and typo errors. If you're not fluent in English, that's understandable, but a lot of the mistakes seem avoidable with some effort. Eventually, it might be possible to figure out what you're trying to say, but it takes extra effort on the part of the reader. Remember to "help the helper," and one way is to make it easy for them to read your post. :)

i apologiize for the typo error, i have edited my post..

MagicFlight

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 03:39:38 pm »

1)with tihis choice you cannott obtail a "full size" photo , because you don't have the possibility to clic on it on the screen.

- thats the point.

If you use 'delete original size photos' the original files you uploaded are deleted, and the resized version is given the name of the original file. There is no way to get your original pictures back.

if you look at the server with a ftp  software, you could see that the original files are always in the folder !!!

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 04:07:21 pm »

Please read my entire post, the files you see are the renamed resized pictures.

MagicFlight

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 04:24:05 pm »

Thank you Nibbler,

i noted the point that  the name was the same after modification.

I have the explication : it seems there is a delay before i am able to see the "real" modified files on the server with in the ftp windows. May be due to the proxy of my provider...
Anyway, after several minutes i saw you are right.

it is my period of training  with Coppermine...

thank you for your time and for your help

bye from Paris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.