Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Account activation: No Email notice is being sent  (Read 5843 times)

jim_febc

• Coppermine newbie
Account activation: No Email notice is being sent
« on: August 17, 2004, 06:02:32 am »

Hello sirs, ma'ms,

I recently installed coppermine at http://photos.febc.ph .  Very fresh install.  I developed initial categories and albums already.  I have also created another user account "normaluser" and tried registering.  After hitting the submit button, the system told me that it has sent email to confirm my login details and probably some other introductory msgs.  It's been quite sometime already and that email has not come.  :( 

I logged in as admin and found out that "normaluser" was tagged as inactive.  Probably until i activate it using info that should be found in the email i'm missing.

Question:  how long is the wait for the email to come?  is there a setting so that i can tweak it to send mail right away?  where is the email setups found?

newbie me,

Jim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Account activation: No Email notice is being sent
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 07:26:53 am »

Usually the email goes out in no time at all, but you have to set up sending of emails properly, especially if you're on a windows server that doesn't come with sendmail. Read http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#smtp
You can skip the step of confirmation emails being sent before an account get's activated, go to coppermine config and set "User registration requires email verification" to "No". You can as well manually activate the user account you created - log in as admin, go to "users" from the admin menu, click on the edit button next to the user and set the dropdown box "User is active" to "Yes". Remember to save your changes.

GauGau

berboris

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 05:12:39 am »

You can as well manually activate the user account you created - log in as admin, go to "users" from the admin menu, click on the edit button next to the user and set the dropdown box "User is active" to "Yes".

Is it possible automatically send email to user when administrator changing user status from non active to active?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 11:38:29 am »

double-posting or trying to hijack a thread won't win you friends. You already posted this question: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=12235.0 , and I posted an answer.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.